So. This blog entry is really a sort of work in progress. I am going to compile a list of sites that I used when I lived in the UK. Rather, stores I used in the UK and am pining for. Not that I have any money to be burning at present on whims, but here we go. In actual fact, some of these I knew and some I didn't. I don't know why I had just given up on the shops at home, and really some of the delivery prices are pretty reasonable I think. As long as poxy Customs officials don't steal my stuff!
Marks and Spencer
http://www.marksandspencer.com/International-Delivery/b/183243031
Currently lowered their prices for International Shipping to the US for just £10. Valid until Christmas. PS> Last order dates to ensure items before Christmas is the 9th December!
Boots
Really, a pathetic range stocked online and on displays in Target, however there are a lot of good US pharmacies like Walgreens and CVS. Also their own brands are equally as good as the named favourites. But Target do stock the lovely Soap and Glory range! Yay!
Topshop
Again, there are plenty of options for womens clothing in the UK, but sometimes the styles are so very different... and if you are an awkward size or a fussy dresser, sometimes its nice to stick with what you know.
New Look
"For US and Australian customers the cost is £7.50, and delivery will take between 7 and 10 days."
In the pipeline...
Most exciting for me, is that Mothercare are planning to expand into the US. They have some links with Gurgle . I could order from their site now, however the shipping is stupidly expensive. Stupidly.
I'd like to say that I could get Cadbury's direct, rather than a UK specialist store, and maybe one day I will if Hersey's get their way, but I don't think it would be the same if Cadbury's would be bought out. I hope they don't!
Marks and Spencer
http://www.marksandspencer.com/International-Delivery/b/183243031
Currently lowered their prices for International Shipping to the US for just £10. Valid until Christmas. PS> Last order dates to ensure items before Christmas is the 9th December!
Boots
Really, a pathetic range stocked online and on displays in Target, however there are a lot of good US pharmacies like Walgreens and CVS. Also their own brands are equally as good as the named favourites. But Target do stock the lovely Soap and Glory range! Yay!
Topshop
Again, there are plenty of options for womens clothing in the UK, but sometimes the styles are so very different... and if you are an awkward size or a fussy dresser, sometimes its nice to stick with what you know.
New Look
"For US and Australian customers the cost is £7.50, and delivery will take between 7 and 10 days."
In the pipeline...
Most exciting for me, is that Mothercare are planning to expand into the US. They have some links with Gurgle . I could order from their site now, however the shipping is stupidly expensive. Stupidly.
I'd like to say that I could get Cadbury's direct, rather than a UK specialist store, and maybe one day I will if Hersey's get their way, but I don't think it would be the same if Cadbury's would be bought out. I hope they don't!








No comments:
Post a Comment