Friday, 4 December 2009

Marks and Spencer

I really miss Marks and Spencer. I mean REALLY. First of all, they were basically 80% of my grocery shopping when I lived in Jersey. And on top of that, I need new underwear, including a sports bra.

When I lived at my Dad's although the nearest M and S was in Cambridge, we did loads of shopping online and got it delivered the next day and even the petrol station round the corner had and Express M&S and I'd nip up there and get a curry every so often. I miss their ultimate mash potato and their gluten free sausages. American sausages are AWFUL. American bread is AWFUL.

I went with my sister in law to try and find a new sports bra for when I finally got to the gym. I threw out so much of my old stuff, including my old gym gear before my many moves, because I couldn't afford to ship it all and nothing fitted me after I gave birth to Adelaide. Well now I wish I had kept it all because I have slimmed down a bit and could probably have wedged myself into it, and shopping here isn't the same.

We went to Marshalls, which is a sort of consignment store, like TJ Maxx/TK Maxx (actually part of the same group) and there was nothing there, what there was though was a lot of odd cropped top gym stuff. No offence, but why make them in large and extra large? I could fit into those but I'd not want to do anything gym related in them because of my massive jubblies and their lack of support wouldn't do me any favours. Then we tried Target which had maybe 3 sports bras, of which were underwired... which is stupid, and you shouldn't wear underwired bras for sports from what I was told. Also, those 3 bras were for itty bitty titties. So now, given where I live, I don't know where to go. Walmart? Macy's has an odd mix, like Debenhams, i.e. sporadic and expensive. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

As much as I love being here, with my husband and his family, sometimes I want to just say fuck you America! But I don't because I am afraid that will count against my immigration case hahaha. Ooh, that reminds me, I have to phone the lawyers today and pay them a shit ton of money. Sigh.

Marks and Spencer. I miss you so much. I even miss Percy Pigs, and they made me feel a bit sick.


2 comments:

charley said...

I really want to spend a year in the USA but it's not going to happen so I console myself with the fact that there is no M&S and how much that would SUCK! They do international shipping now though, obvs not on a food :(

Alex said...

Do they? I might order a new bra and some undies for Christmas if I can get some cash together. I SHOULD CHECK IT OUT TO SEE HOW MUCH SHIPPING IS!!!!! TO THE INTERNETS!