I have been mostly playing Mafia Wars on Facebook, as my husband roped me into it! Darn it! I am rather addicted now. In other news, I used up some old bananas (well 4) and made some banana bread. I took a recipe from Nigella and doctored it somewhat, and put in a shot or so of Jack Daniels Whisky as well, (the booze was simmered off with some sultanas in a pan on the stove) and it turned out lovely, if I do say so myself. In fact, it is a hit with everyone in the house! Go me!
You could probably do it without the JD, or use maybe rum or bourbon. It would probably be nice with bourbon actually. I always thought JD was bourbon but I recently was told by a bartending friend of mine that it is not. It has walnuts in it, but again, you could leave these out. I think maybe if I did it again, I'd use a smaller measure of bourbon and put some cocoa in replacing part of the flour. Maybe no walnuts, and chocolate chips instead....

You could probably do it without the JD, or use maybe rum or bourbon. It would probably be nice with bourbon actually. I always thought JD was bourbon but I recently was told by a bartending friend of mine that it is not. It has walnuts in it, but again, you could leave these out. I think maybe if I did it again, I'd use a smaller measure of bourbon and put some cocoa in replacing part of the flour. Maybe no walnuts, and chocolate chips instead....









2 comments:
that looks good! when I was in Japan I couldn't fit into any of the clothes in the fashion shops (most didn't go past size medium which looks like a UK 10-12) so I decided when I came home to go on a diet & as soon as I logged into blogger I see my friends posting yummy recipes :( typical. those pies look amazing too.
The pies were amazing! My brother actually warned me about Japanese clothing. He said for him, and for shoes atleast... the best thing to do was to wait until the sales. He is really tall like me, and has huge feet, so didn't buy anything all year, and then come the sales would go into shops and stock up on all the larger sized shoes left over!!! He thought for a while he might have been the only person living in Japan with size 13 feet!
Post a Comment