Friday, 15 January 2010

15th Jan - Baketastic

Had my biometrics taken today... my appointment was for 9am, but we got their early, so we actually ended up leaving at 9am, which was good. I nearly missed them calling my name as I was sitting around the corner!

The staff were very friendly and professional but more relaxed that I had anticipated, but this might be because it was a Friday. The women who took my finger prints was very quick and we chatted briefly. We had to bring in our 14 month old daughter and she hammed it up to the security guard etc and other people waiting and no one seemed to mind thankfully. There were a handful of people in there waiting, but it looked as if they were there for interviews, as they all went into a separate door after being called from me.

All in all it was a swift turn around. I filled the form out whilst I waited (around 15 minutes) and then the finger print sets (I think she did my bands about 6 times!) and the photo was about 10 mins and then I was free to go!

Now I am home and Patrick has gone to work (armed with a loaf of my banana bread). I already made 2 batches of oatmeal rasisin cookies. Om nom nom.

Hopefully the postman will bring me something nice from my friend Nikki in Jersey today!

6 comments:

Sam said...

mmm oatmeal and raisin are some of my fave cookies! mmmmmmmmmm x

Fawn and Flower said...

In Jersey? JERSEY SHORE?! :)

Amy Georgina said...

I've never had my fingerprints taken, did you feel like a crim?!

Hi by the way, hope the rest of your day was good!

Alex said...

Coralene ... alas no... this Jersey:
www.Jersey.com hahahah sorry to disappoint you!

Amy ... I did sorta feel like a crim because I had about 7 sets of finger prints taken. They had to do various combinations, and then each finger a few times, to make sure it was indeed my finger, and then they sort of rolled it over like you see on the movies. Then I felt like a criminal. I expect it is so the FBI can check my prints to make sure I am who I say I am...

Amy Georgina said...

They were waiting for the solvent to wear off and the fakes to peel...!

It's just a Monday said...

Glad it all went pretty smoothly.

Ah I love making banana bread too. It doesnt last till the end of the day in our house! haha

x