When we get out of the house as a family together, like today, I honestly feel like a huge cloud has lifted from my shoulders. Even though Patrick hurt his back lifting up the Littlest Cage Fighter, we went out and he drove around. We didn't actually have anywhere we needed to go, so we went to a little antique place down the road and had a look about, and then we went to some crappy second hand baby place (seriously I am not a snob but really, who changes their babies nappy in the middle of the floor by the toys?) and then to look around the supermarket. Addie sits in one of those special trolleys that double in length so they can face the right way in the carriage... looking out). And then we came home. Patrick got gas and bought me a Cadbury's Creme Egg. Almost like the ones at home! Which was nice. I had to take a deep breath before I walked in the door to help prepare me for the atmosphere in the house which doesn't seem to be getting any better either.
In other news... Patrick and I bought Adelaide a potty today! Yay!


It was this one, which we picked up from Toys 'R' Us for $9. They actually had a bunch of them that were all singing, all dancing ones, and upwards of $30! Seriously! Who spends that much on a potty? Really? I mean, I thought $9 was a lot, and that was after a $3 coupon, but we told ourselves its a 3 stage one, and the white bit can be used as a stool afterwards so Addie can reach the sink. So far, she likes to carry it about and try and chew on it. We all wore it as a hat and messed about. Earlier on we tried to put her on it, and she just wanted to take it apart, carry it and eat it again. Nice! But Rome wasn't built in a day so we'll just stick at it.In other news Patrick and I both forgot Valentine's Day as such, and didn't bother with any cards or gifts. Ha! Oops! Although we did go to the cinema and saw The Wolfman. I have to say I was expecting more and left feeling rather disappointed. Some of it was awesome and I did jump and enjoy a lot of it, but overall it wasn't that much cop. Benicio Del Toro is a great actor but at times I felt he played the role a little retardly but I think that might have been due to his stares. Anthony Hopkins and Hugo Weaver were brilliant in it. The cinematography and set pieces were great. It looked great. Some of the dialogue was great, but some of it was terrible. The pace of the movie flowed very strangely and there was too much longful staring between Del Toro and Emily Blunt (even though I know old horror style movies like the original Wolfman had it too and it was part of the overall effect so to speak), who I thought wasn't at all good. The ending was very anti climax and generally rather cheesey. Patrick and I called the entire story within minutes. The only real redeeming factor in that movie that the role played by Anthony Hopkins (Del Toro's dad) was basically written using my Dad as inspiration. Granted he is shorter than my Dad, but his mannerisms, lines and even his general slightly crazy eyes and actual werewolfness of him.... all my dad. Earlier today we watched Daybreakers and we both decided that Daybreakers was actually a better film than Wolfman, so I think that says enough, because Daybreakers wasn't that good either.
Gotta go now and watch a film that didn't suck with my husband.








3 comments:
Surely that's what you're meant to do with a potty? Wear it on your head! We too are trying with Scarlett, she says she needs to go, so we put her on it, but then she just sits there reading a book! Hahaha!
Hope things get sorted soon for you guys, am wanting to win the lottery to buy you a house! Ha!
i can totally understand your longing and need to have a house for your own. i am in a very similar situation, and i am really feeling with you. its a very strange situation and it doesnt feel right most of the time. so im crossing my fingers for you and patrick and addie. hopefully youre gonna have a house for your own little family soon :)
Thanks Julia!
And Amy, atleast Scarlett wants to sit on it, so maybe it's going to take longer for Addie than I thought...
Post a Comment