Tuesday, 23 February 2010

A weekend review

Hello all! I hope you all had a pleasant weekend? For the most part we did! Patrick, Adelaide and I went to Deerfield to stay with out friends Tim and Sharon, and their little girl Maya. They are also expecting another baby (a boy) in July so we're all very excited. And broody. I'm mostly broody and excited. It is great to go up there, as it is nice for me to get a break from the in-laws, but also so Addie can play with Maya. Maya is a year, give or take, older than Addie and right now it really shows. In the last few weeks Maya has had a growth spurt and is finally a bit taller than Addie (she's been a peanut forever!) and also mentally, she has come on in leaps and Bounds. I don't think mentally is the right word, but you get my drift. Basically, she is a little girl now. All screaming, all chattering and self asserting little girl. It is hilarious. As much as I think Adelaide has grown up and isn't my baby anymore, she still is such a little peanut. She didn't sleep so well on Saturday, because of her teeth, and we didn't sleep well as a result of that, but otherwise, she was good. Sunday we came home and relaxed in the afternoon, still drawing a blank on baby names for Sharon and Tim (they want boy names, to go with Maya, so no M names they say and possibly Tim would like something Vietnamese, as he is but I don't know any names from Vietnam, apart from Quang and I think they poopooed).

Once home, we relaxed in the evening with some movies: Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day. DO NOT SEE! We lasted 20 minutes before we had to turn it off. Terrible. So terrible. Aside from the terrible accents in it, it has Rita from Dexter in it, doing a such a terrible job I wanted to rip my own skin off. Then we watched Whiteout. Now, Whiteout is supposed to the one of the worst movies of 2009, yet in comparison to Boondock Saints 2, it was actually a silly fun enjoyable movie. Completely predictable, and Patrick and I called the story out instantly, and who the 'bad guys' were, but all in all, completely harmless and not so bad for a Sunday night. I also forgot that on Saturday we watched Law Abiding Citizen, as Tim and Sharon like to go to bed early... and that wasn't so bad! The ending was a bit silly, but the story for the most part was actually pretty clever but towards the end it unravelled pretty quickly. Gerrard Butler and Jamie Foxx were both really good, Butler especially. The first 'scene' was awful and they didn't waste any time getting into the plot. There were elements of The Abominable Dr Phibes about it.

Not much else to report about my Monday; made blueberry jam biscuits and dinosaur biscuits with lemon icing skeletons which I burnt. Witnessed/heard a huge fight between my mother in law and sister in law. Which was TERRIBLE.

3 comments:

Amy Georgina said...

Sorry for the burnt biscuits, I'll try not to keep you chatting for too long in future!

Sounds like a fab weekend though, afraid I don't know any Vietnamese names.

Rochelle said...

Sounds like a full weekend - and nice to chill out with some bad videos too! But it sure will be wonderful when you have your own home!

It's just a Monday said...

I too love it when we get to hang out with friends or family who have kiddies the same age.

Well I dont know any Vietnamese names but instead of Felix which I chose for my son, the other name I had was Sonny. You reckon they would go for that?!! Hahaha

x