Thursday, 25 February 2010

Wee wee wednesday

Well a few days and not much has really happened. I helped my mother in law move some furniture about, made some dinner, did some chores, chased a 16 month old around. The usual. I did get that same email from the USCIS another 2 times. My card could be here tomorrow I hope!

The other big news is that Addie did a wee on the toilet, and I missed it. I was making dinner and my MIL and Patrick were getting her ready for bed. Typical, the one night I am not there, she does it. I should really be doing more with the potty training and try and get her to understand it a bit more, but really, I don't know where to start. I wonder if I left it too late to start EC and if that would make potty stuff harder, or because Addie is so tall that we put her straight on the toilet with the seat, if that makes potty stuff harder. I have a potty book and some fun stuff like that. To be honest, I am glad we are just putting the potty booster seat on the toilet, because when its put together as one potty, she wants to disassemble it and throw it about. OR WEAR IT AS A HAT. That was the first thing we all did, and she keeps on bloody doing it now. We put her on the loo before bed/after dinner, and run the tap, because whenever we run her a bath she wees when she hears the water going. The other night, the sound of the tap going made ME want to pee, so I took her off, pee'd and then got a bit of tissue etc, and when I put Addie back on, she copied me exactly and now likes to dab with toilet paper! Haha!

Bless. This was probably the most boring entry to anyone that has not had kids, sorry.

2 comments:

Fawn and Flower said...

Awwww big girl! Did you give her a prize? That's so awesome!

Twwly said...

It's not too late to start EC, because all EC is communicating. So every time she goes pee or poo, identify to her that she is going. You're not even necessarily asking her to put it in the toilet, though it would be a good end goal. You just want to her to be aware, fully about her urges to go. The rest just comes.

Try to get her on the potty AS SOON AS she wakes up. Ask her to try going periodically through out the day.

Here's our potty song:

Not on the floor!
Not in our pants!
Not on the cat!
Pee goes in the POTTY!
YAYAYAYAYAY!

(*flapping kermit the frog arms*)