Thursday, 4 March 2010

Housesitting

So this week Patrick, Addie and I are housesitting in Haverhill MA. We are staying at Nate and Kim's house. Nate is basically Patrick's brother, work colleague and long time buddy. Nate just proposed to Kim, which is very exciting as we got to see the ring before he gave it to her. They are currently on holiday I think in Mexico. There is house is AWESOME but not exactly very baby proof and I am terrified that Addie will break something. Thankfully it isn't as bad as at my in-laws place, because Patrick's mum loves the nik-naks. But saying that, she has been very good at moving stuff about.

Patrick's cat lives here too as Gary doesn't get on with Sketch. If Shannon moves out, or we get a place of our own we can take Sketch back as she really is a lovely cat. So, yes the last week at 'home' has been somewhat drama filed, because no one likes Shannon's new boyfriend and shes fallen off the face of the planet since she got with him. Part of me is glad about this, but I see my in-laws worrying about what she might do etc because this new fella is a supposed scumbag. Well I guess at the end of the day she is an adult now and can do what she wants, which is fair enough. It isn't like she under house arrest or anything, I think her parents 1. worry about her overall but also 2. miss her when she isn't around and enjoy her company. Of course, most young girls/teens/etc take this as some kind of controlling thing, as opposed to compliment element (in terms of being missed when they aren't around). Whatever. Not my problem. I could get into a HUGE rant/explanation about all this, but really, the internets probably isn't the best place for me to air all that laundry. But anyway, I think Shannon is finally going to bite the bullet and move out. Which I think will be/could be really good for her. She needs to stand on her own two feet. She doesn't like to be worried about, and she has been since she lived at home, because, well her parents care about her. But I think they would all get on much better not living together, thats for sure. And Shannon will have a chance to think about things a bit better; and not have her folks to run to at the first sign of problems.

But yes, we are glad to be house sitting. Its been great the 3 of us. And this weekend... infact, tonight they'll be leaving, our friends from Albany are coming to visit! Yay! Jon and Danielle have a little girl called Willa who is 2 weeks younger than Addie and the girls can play which will be ace for them I think. Addie has NOT been herself these last few days. The black out, and now we are in a strange house. I hope its cos we aren't home, because she has done nothing but cry and cry and whine throughout the day and refuse to sleep and howl and howl when I put her down, even though its pretty obvious she is tired. Babies. Make no sense. I took her out for a walk earlier and it started snowing and we both got soaked. That didn't go down to well with the diva I can tell you. She is off her food, but doesn't have a temperature and is really clingy and drank about 13 oz of milk earlier. She has been skipping naps and I think that hasn't helped, but is also really bitey. At 16 months we have run out of teeth for her get in... unless we are talking about those dreaded 2 year molars... If only they could talk. Not even Calpol has helped.

IN OTHER NEWS:
Penny Cones is having a lovely giveaway! All you cool cats should go check it out, at her blog, here. She has some lovely bits in her store as well. I love her housey stuff the most. Awesome stuff.


1 comment:

Amy Georgina said...

Hooray for housesitting. It's not the same but we used to go on holiday to a static caravan, and that was like playing house, just the three of us. Enjoy! x

Oh and boo to molars, I hope Addie cheers up soon for you