Tuesday, 6 April 2010

A quickie

Just a quick update. It has been baking hot here these last few days and now the rain has settled on us for a day. Apparently it is supposed to be balls to the wall hot tomorrow. That isn't very hot to most people, but I think 27 degrees C/81F is a lot for early to mid April. I know I should really get used to it before the summer. As the clouds have descended in I have gotten into a bit of a grump.

Oh by the way, we went to Rusty's cousin's house for Easter Sunday, where there were a lot of Irish Catholic Americans and legions of kids and a ton of food. A ton. It was a hot day, and aside from a bit of heavy traffic on the way down, Patrick and I had a good time! When we got home there was some drama llama stuff with my sister in law. This continued into yesterday daytime, so I watched a few episodes of 30Rock and made cupcakes and kept out of it as best I could. The drama subsided with (what I thought to be) a disappointing resolve but we'll see.

Addie is full of words and babbles today. Earlier on she was running about the house with handfuls of pot pourri'd wooden fruit, which was funny until I needed her to stay i one spot whilst I got her ready to go out to the supermarket.

My stomach has for the most part been great since I got my medication. I have my endoscopy on Friday and am waiting on a phone interview for that. Although I just ate a ham sandwich with my arch nemesis French bread. Delicious but is now killing me. Time for some zantac!

Gotta sort out some bills for me and the spouse tonight. Ho hum. Oh! In other bill news, our tax return was fine and we got just over $5k back from IRS. This has gone to previous years bills that needed to be paid off from when Patrick was contracting. So, as this was successful, I have gone back to look at 2008 and hopefully should be able to get another $2 1/2k back. We'll see. The amendment to 2008 will take about 12 weeks to sort out though, so we'll see.

Also, I am really sad about this news story.

Here is a picture from when me and my brood went with to Portsmouth about a month ago with our good friends the Colemans. Such a warm day. I was still wearing my snow boots, because, I had not yet any faith in the weather. I sweated a bunch that day! Addie and Willa are great buddies as well. It is so funny to watch them play together.


1 comment:

It's just a Monday said...

Hey Alex!

Belated birthday wishes to you :)

I'm so glad you are getting on top of your tummy problems. Fingers crossed it all gets sorted soon.

Well, Austin was amazing! I loved the US so much. If they would have me, I'd be there tomorrow! Haha

x