Thursday, 29 April 2010

Wetsday

Well Wednesday has been somewhat sucky here, but it didn't snow. Thank jebus. Gutted Vermont, I just heard you got 2 foot.

This morning I went to the gym with Kristina. We put the world to rights whilst Adelaide had fun in the daycare there. It was mobbed though as I forgot the school kids are on half term/spring break. Addie was having fun and did well but got a bit overwhelmed and frightened with so many older kids running around. I hope that was just a one off and not her entering the shy phase, because she is usually fearless. We didn't get as much done as I had hoped because of this as I had to go get and cuddle Addie, but it is a start as I have slacked off since my ulcer. Which I might add is kicking my arse tonight.

I've been looking at applying for jobs again, taking a different approach. We came to the conclusion that we really need to step up our game if we are going to get out of here before either our health suffers more, or our marriage suffers. We went to the dentist and poor old Pat's gums are basically his equivalent of my stomach. There was also some debacle because we had Addie with us and they were apparently the one dentist in the world that doesn't like you bringing your kids in with you and won't let you leave them in a stroller whilst your teeth are getting looked at, and give you some stupid excuses that make no sense and contradict themselves if your was actually having their teeth looked at. So Addie can't be in the room because she is a non patient Actually she is a patient. What if she was having her teeth looked at... am I supposed to wait outside then, as I would be the non patient. Absolutely ridiculous. The mere idea that you'd have to get a babysitter if you were a single mother is frankly retarded. So Kristina, my dental friend is going to do my teeth at her place, on her day off bless her, and Addie and I will move there. Initially my mother in law thought that the surgery were right and I was being ridiculous, but no, once I told her what Kristina said (namely that in her years of experience and temping work in various dentists is that Patrick's dental surgery is run by cunts. Dental Spa my arse) she backtracked and talked about switching dentists. Anyway, I digress as usual.

Yes we are looking to move out ASAP. This means poor Patrick scaling down his comic collection (which I am not forcing him to do, I would never do that, just to clarify) and I am going to step up the job search and try and get back into my old line of work, which would mean I'd basically HAVE to work in the financial district in Boston. Which would mean an impossible commute unless we moved. But anywhoo, I am starting to research decent firms and am drafting the mother of all cold call "please hire me, I'm great I am" letters.

Addie is being so funny recently. I don't like spending so much time with her but recently she has been learning so much daily I am glad to have seen it first hand. Her language is coming on in leaps and bounds and today said "Bye Kristina" when she left. Well it was more Keeskeenah, but it sounded just like it.

I don't recall when she started doing it, but she can also:
  • say head and points to her head
  • say hair and points to her hair
  • say eyes and points to her eyes
  • say nose and points to her nose and occasionally puts her finger in it
  • say belly and points to her belly, and usually lifts up her top and plays with her belly button
  • say arm and points to her arm. ARM!
  • say hand and points to her hand
  • say feet and points to either foot or does each one separately
  • she sometimes does mouth too, but mostly if you ask her where her mouth is she goes "OHM!" and makes chomping noises
  • say please PEEEEEEEEEEEEAS
  • say thank you gaaankooou
  • say popsicle pawpseecal
  • count sort of: she says very clearly ONE and holds a finger up. We then stall but sometimes we get a THREEEEEEE!!!! because she expects us to swing her or something, like when you do a count down.
Dont' ask me how, but she also knows how to find the mst dangerous object in the room. I swear to god kids have a radar for that sort of thing.

  • When I take Addie to the downstairs toilet with me, she knows how to turn on the washing machine. And thankfully, turn it off again/cancel the program set.
  • She likes to flick the switches on the trash compactor too.
  • She also knows how to take out the supposedly 'childproof' plug socket covers. See, I tell you dangerous.
  • She likes to sing and dance, mostly dance. Although she looks like that Michael character played by Nick Swardson in 'You Don't Mess With the Zohan' when he goes up to that larger lady in the nightclub. (What, I like that movie, its retarded but fun.)
  • She also knows and outside. If she wants to go outside she says SIIIIDE
  • ...which is not to be confused with her wanting to go on the slide in the basement, which is SLIIIIDE
  • Bubbles are BUUBAHLS
  • Flowers are FLAUWRWAHR
  • She LOVES Yo Gabba Gabba, and I can't explain how she says it, but it sounds like it. GABHGABH or something. The inclination is right though.
  • Shes a running climbing G.I. Joe adventure exploring baby. Can't quite jump yet, it is funny to watch her though.
  • She likes reading to herself and her toy cats
  • Incidentally she mews at cats. She doesn't talk to them in English, she just mews. I love it when she does that. When she plays with her toy cats she mews as well. She is smart enough to know that cats have their own language. She also woofs at dogs, but she isn't fluent yet, as we don't have a dog.
Can't think of anymore at the moment but I guess the list at this age is exhaustible and I have already bored most of you to death. I've spent too much time today with her pretending to drink from her toy teapot with a plastic onion in it.

Also... another review of mine has been posted on http://www.popchopshop.com/ !!! Hoorah!

4 comments:

EnricoPalazzo said...

Don't forget that she is also now a seasoned pro at somersaulting (sp?) across the living room.

She also does:

Juice - Jhooose
Sip - Thip
Bite - Bite

and of course my favorite:

Bye Daddy! - Bye Dhaddeee!

I miss you guys. <3

Natalie said...

I just love reading all about what Addie is up to. Oh my goodness our girls are so grown up! Addie talking and playing with teacups... seems yesterday they were just sitting on top of each other in the inflatable donut.

I credit Yo Gabba Gabba with helping Pearl learn body parts as young as she did. "Point to your head, point to your head, point to your arm..." etc. Gotta love it!

I can only imagine how frustrated you guys must be feeling. Living with in-laws can be soul destroying. I hope that employers wise up and realise how awesome you are very soon.

Amy Georgina said...

Oh bless little Addie. Reading about her so reminds me of Scarlett, it's all come flooding back because she's so different now and I miss her in that innocent just finding out words and stuff stage.

Does she do the 'jump' where she just bends her knees then just stands upright real fast?!

Soooo much fun being a mummy!! xx

Rebecca ann. said...

addie sounds wonderful, i cant wait to meet her. and pet, trash can! rubbish pet rubbish. miss you x