Monday, 3 May 2010

Hot hot hot

Okay. I don't like that I spend most of my posts talking about the weather, but I am British after all and that is what we do... but bloomin' heck its been hot here. Like 31 degrees my weather, 88 in everyone else's. So hot. It just comes out of nowhere too. And then the forecast says oh well you might get snow this week, but days later, its friggin' crazy hot as balls outside. Patrick and his Dad opened up the pool yesterday, but it won't be ready to swim in for a while, which is fine by me, as I haven't got a swimming costume and I need to sort of adjust into the hotter weather and get used to seeing so much of my own (pasty) skin in one go. Patrick doesn't understand what I mean, so I don't know if its a European thing, or a girly thing, but I just can't switch into a skirt and a halter-neck from jeans and t-shirt. I have to sort of mentally come around to the idea. I don't necessarily think it is a self conscious thing, because there is much less of me now, and I still do it. Who knows, maybe now its just habit forming. But looking at where I've lived, it really rarely gets hot like that in Jersey. And if it does, most people go to the beach and wear less there. Hahah, and there is a nice breeze there too. Although looking back I'd avoid all that then as well. Hmmm. Maybe I am just not a hot weather person. Never really have been, and now I have a little person and a big hot sweaty husband and we're both covered in tattoos I don't think I'll ever be! Haha!

But really, it took it out of me yesterday and I spent a big portion of yesterday chasing Adelaide around in the garden which contradicts the number one spot of my things to not do in hot weather (be outside in the sun). But Addie did like being caked in suntan cream which was fun!

I also forgot to say in my previous post that she knows all the Yo Gabb Gabba characters and can say there names. Obviously Muno because MUMOOOOOO! and Plex is now PerHEXXXX! but I think its cute, so there.

Back later on, have to chase Addie around the kitchen a bit.

2 comments:

Fawn and Flower said...

After our conversation that one night, I got kind of into Yo Gabba Gabba, I have to admit! And since then even, I keep noticing that more and more of my adult friends are too. Yesterday on FB I saw a guy's profile who had it listed as a fave show.

He didn't even have kids.

Sam said...

Aww I wish we had nice weather!

We had a few days last week (although it seems like forever ago now!) where it was warm, but its been raining and miserable now for too long! It frigging hailstoned on Sat. HAILSTONESSS!! IN MAYY!?!?!

jeezy creezy, makes me sad x