Monday, 10 May 2010

Red Arrow

... how I love thee! So basically we went to the Red Arrow last night for some good old fashioned diner food. I love the Red Arrow. We went to the one in Milford which is a little bigger and more child friendly. Now, it was going to be a nice Mother's Day dinner for us, but we brought Addie along and I also had purchased a $25 gift cert for $4.50 from Restaurant dot com (you should all check out if there are any places near you that are signed up for their voucher scheme but before you buy make sure you google for discount voucher codes to reduce the cost further!) but the minimum spend was $40, so Adam and Kristina came! It was lovely. I went for the King Moe's breakfast and had hash browns instead of beans. DELICIOUS. We were kept waiting for about 40 minutes though which sucked because the table ahead of us had ordered steak tips and 'proper' food... who does that at a 24hr diner? I mean really! But they were new to the Red Arrow... we know this because if the servers know you are new, they publicly announce it to the rest of the restaurant and call you a virgin hahaha!

The first time I went to the one in Manchester they recognised Patrick, being the trouble-maker he is... but not me, so I got the bell rang and a sticker and everyone clapped! Hah! Well anyway, they are more civilised in the Milford one and no one wooped or cheered... but yes these guys were new and didn't think to order a breakfast for their dinner. They should have, because they are amazing.

We had pie for desert... well I have chocolate pie, Kristina had some Reese's Pieces pie and Patrick had some one of a kind chocolate eclair which was in actual fact disgusting and made him feel sick. That aside, our pies were given to us for free because of the wait and the fact we didn't complain. Which was nice. Addie won everyone over as well and was for the most part, very well behaved and drew with crayons and ate snacks. She loved the pies but only once she had her own spoon, little miss independent!

After we ate we paid the bill and the voucher knocked a big chunk of the bill down and then Adam and Kristina gave us too much money so we actually didn't pay anything and their money covered the cost of the voucher. So I should probably buy Kristina lunch this week to make up for it at some point...

Not much else to report. Need to do some Ebaying. I am super paranoid about my tooth that needs a crown. I get obsessed about these things and have been over-flossing and rinsing now, but really the taste in my mouth is horrid and when I floss it stinks. Damn you teeth! Damn you! Depending on the level of work my dental insurance will cover either 50% to 80% of the cost. This basically depends on it being major re-constructive or major re-constructive. Fingers crossed it is just re-constructive because then 80% of it is covered.

Things seem to have returned to normal at the house today; Shannon has gone back to work with her father and Rusty is upstairs watching TV and resting, so I have things to myself, which is nice.

I had such a lovely day yesterday with Patrick and Addie and I felt spoilt rotten with my gifts and lovely husband and bitey yet cute daughter. And I got to go to the gym too, which is always nice and I finally achieved something there as I didn't have Addie desperate to get out of the day care!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have chocolate cream pie to finish...

3 comments:

EnricoPalazzo said...

I'm so glad that you had a nice Mothers Day.

I miss you. <3

Amy Georgina said...

Lush. Hey, I was reading this in Google Reader and a disclaimer was at the bottom - am I naughty for reading it in Google Reader?

Sam said...

I want pie!!!!