Friday, 18 June 2010

Another hot one!

I am so crap at updating. Of late I have had a very BLAH mood. I haven't had much to talk about, and what I do, its more ranting. Not much has changed. I drove into Boston earlier this week and it was good I think. The recruiter I met with said my resume was strong. It was nice to be a professional adult of sorts for a day at least, leaving Addie with my mother in law and having some time to myself, albeit driving and taking the T into sound station from Alewife. It was nice. Hopefully they'll find me something and I can get a job. Patrick and I were pipe dreaming about houses and planning what we could and couldn't afford and where we'd live if I could get a job in Boston or otherwise. I feel like we're on the verge of a breakthrough but it hasn't happened yet. Which of course is extremely frustrating.

We did get some good news Wednesday. My persistent nagging got Patrick to phone up the IRS about an amendment I filed for his taxes of 2008. It went through fine, but for some reason they are so slow to notify you. They told Patrick that our debt with them is clear now as of the last payment of $38 or something dollars this week or something. Woo! I won't go into the particulars but we achieved something awesome and took away a huge amount of our stresses. Such a good feeling. Unfortunately, I was sorta hanging on the news from them, checking the post every day etc, and once I got that news, it was a kinda anti-climatic because maybe in my head I had sorta thought that things would improve suddenly. I knew they wouldn't obviously, but for some reason I thought they might somehow. But no, things here at my in-laws are as tense and strained and moods change at the drop of a penny.

Today we are all heading to Lexington for Patrick's work family fun day! Hoorah! So he is working from home this morning and we'll all head down there this afternoon and see what fun we can have. I think Patrick is looking forward to showing off Adelaide hehe.

It is so hot today. I am ROASTING.

No comments: