So the family fun day was great fun! We got there and there were a TON of kids. Lots of food and a steel drum band and a loose pirate theme. Lots of candy, ice cream and juice boxes and booze. A dunk tank for some employee high jinks as well for good measure. Face painting, a man making things out of balloons. A lot of kids. It was nice to see where Patrick worked and boy golly gosh is his office fancy pants. They have a nice set up where he works, open plan and lots of arty stuff as you'd expect of creative types. Their kitchen has full fridges of soda and juice. Spoiled rotten they are on that front (disclaimer: although I know that is no grounds to base how good it is to work somewhere and things are never what they seem.)
I got serious work envy and was so bummed out after we left about 1. not having a job and 2. mostly bummed out because I missed my old job. I loved, still do love my old job. I know everyone moans about their job, and I was no exception. That was part of the fun of working at Vistra. Without sounding like a saddo it was the reason why I stayed living in Jersey. I loved going to work on a Monday morning. I really did. I loved what I did, the people I worked with, the clients, the mad things that would happen during the course of a day, the gossip, the silly office politics that you have (in any office that applies) the banter, and the friends I had made during my years there. They took care of me, not only with the benefits given by the firm, but the support I got for my CPD studies, the social events, and mostly whenever I had some personal trauma or excitement in my life, they were there for me. When I went traveling or on holiday I would always check in (with an email drunk or otherwise) and of course they were AMAZING when I got pregnant and had Adelaide. I honestly couldn't have done it without them. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with Patrick and I love him to death but he (and Adelaide) and moving were the only reason I would have left that place. I loved it. I felt like an important part of the machine and felt that the work I did was appreciated and I still feel like I am in some kind of mourning. Right now I feel like I'll never get a job, let alone one that I loved as much as my last job. Sometimes I have to remind myself that things happen for a reason etc and have a reality check because I honestly look back and think I made a wrong choice (professionally not in terms of my personal life or marriage haha) in leaving because I was onto such a good thing there and I knew at the time I was lucky and had the whole world at my feet, but I should have made the most of it hahah. I know I'll get a job eventually and my confidence will just have to get over it and suck it up.
I'm rambling because I am tired. Patrick had a good Daddy day and played video games all day, whilst Addie and I took a 3 1/2 hour nap. Yesterday we went to the Mall and finally got that dress from Anthropologie. Man the sizes are fucked up in that store. The large ones are insanely huge and the mediums fit me but my boobs are somewhat too big so I opted for a large and will have to get a belt or something. Because the binding look for your tits is not a good thing.
I hope it isn't as hot tomorrow. I am ROASTING.
Busy week ahead... Dentist and another recruiters, and a hair cut on Thursday and then finally a night away for a friends' wedding this Saturday! Adult time ahoy!








1 comment:
lets see the dress!!! :) x
Post a Comment