Addie was so cute this morning. She woke up for a cheeky night feed, and eventually we caved in and had to give in to her demands. She was so cute. She is so chatty in the middle of the night. I picked her up and tried to stop her from shouting the room down. "Dada! Dada!" she pointed to the bed. Um Adelaide, it is 2am please be quiet. Then lots of jabba. I think she was telling me a story or something. Then she said up and pointed at sleeping Patrick in bed again "Dada!" So then I sang her a little song. She interrupted me by giggling and then farting. She must have seen my reaction because she did it again and giggled, and then after I laughed at that, she did it a third time. So cute. After the farting I thought maybe it was time for bed and put her back in her cot.
This morning she was again very chatty and forthright. Lots of conversation and jabba jabba and stories (her sitting on my lap telling me what things are in her picture books, which usually goes along the lines of her taking my finger and pointing at things and saying them "elefaant, bawl (ball), geeraf (giraffe), plane, twain (train), monkeeh (monkey), hat, shooooes" which I think is super cute.
Later on after lunch we were in the pool with Nana (Rusty) and Adelaide actually swam and obbed around on her own without one of us holding on/her holding onto us. Awesome! She had her water wings on, but usually she is happy to be carried about the pool (although saying that, this does depend on the temperature of the water and if I am in it). Every time I went to do a length she'd run down to the deep end, despite our telling her off for doing so, and climb into the pool expecting me to catch her! I'd swim her back to the shallow end and she'd play with Nana, pretending to do lengths herself, like me, reaching out and 'swimming' (half arsed doggy paddling) to the side of the pool and touching the edge of it. It was so cute. She was so happy that she could do it and I love that she is so confident in the water. She actually fell off the floaty lounger thing they have but I caught her in the water. She didn't cry or anything she was just a bit shocked. And weirdly, after that, that was when she started to swim! She still tries to drink the water though which is gross, but mildly entertaining because it makes her burp like a pro.
The fridge man came to fix the saga that is the Taylor fridge in the kitchen. 5 visits in and its still not work working. We've had several new parts and it seems that the weak link in the chain is one of the repair guys who is a fuckit wit and just doesn't know what he is doing. The first visit in this month long saga and the pleb broke the faucet/tap. What a SAGA. Anywhoo, the one that came today, John, we like, who has been before once, said that they need to get another part and then test something and try and fix it again. We'll see. It's been a month now without the main refrigerator . Anyway, before John left Addie was running around with nothing on (not even a diaper) but water wings/arm bands and was desperately trying to make him have some of her orange popsicle. After he went she wee'd on the tiles and then again outside on the deck and the patio. Oh that pool water.








1 comment:
That's just the cutest, I remember when Scarlett suddenly got very chatty - you literally will not be able to shhhh her from now on, but it's amazing to hear her talking on her baby monitor, so funny!
You guys are so lucky to have a pool for her to practice in, for free and easy! Scarlett hates swimming and it's such a flippin nightmare, I'm so jealous of any kid her age who can swim like a pro!
Post a Comment