Saturday, 12 June 2010

That BP thing

Yes I know that big oily mess is a terrible disaster, but I am kinda sick of reading/hearing about ill informed people harp on about how bad BP are and then launch into a full scale anti-British rant. Most of them are Americans I might add (fuelled by the media most likely to draw some patriotic attention to the World Cup).

I love America and I like a lot of American people. This isn't me slagging off American people.

First of all: BP is not a British company any more: its a multinational with 40% of its shares held in US, but quoted on the London stock exchange. It has its head-quarters in London.

If you Americans want to talk about disasters what about the Union Carbide disaster which killed 3800 people and the famous Torrey Canyon tanker disaster and several others... for which no American CEO was ever held to account?

End. Rant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oil company are scum wherever they come from. Personally, i don't care if BP is british, or chinese, or australian...oil company=greed.