I'm currently in Albany, well in Schenectady staying with friends for a few days. Patrick and Ads and I were at a wedding in Rochester at the weekend and on the way home me and Addie got dropped off to stay with Jon and Danielle and Willa, because they are teachers off work and the girls are good friends and I don't have a job to do, so why not. I miss Patrick.
Had a second interview on Friday which went BRILLIANTLY (and I had to video conference and everything) but I got a phone call today to say I didn't get it. I was so upset when I got off the phone. I couldn't do anything wrong and it was down to me and one other girl. The HR lady said in the end they went with the other girl because she had less experience and they thought it would be easier for the role in question. But they "absolutely LOVED" me by all accounts. Whatever. Didn't love me enough. I expect they went with the less experienced girl because they could maybe pay her less, even though I was supposedly dead on with my salary expectation. Also maybe they thought that given the chance I'd be off doing something else as soon as the market picked up (even though I made it very clear I would have happily done that job until the cows come home). I couldn't have done anything else right, I played those interviews perfectly and they just decided to go with someone else. Frustrating and annoying. I just want something soon. I am sick sick sick of all this. I know I am getting closer with every bit of interest in my resume or job application and that I didn't have a job in the first place so I've really not lost anything as such, but I am still bummed.
Back to Craigslist and Monster. I expect I'll have to apply to another 35 or so jobs before I get an interview for anything else. Ho hum.
It is too hot in upstate NY.
When I get a chance or get home I'll upload some pictures of our weekend and our friends wedding. it was a great weekend and we did a lot but I am too pooped and busy here at the Colemans sans my husband! I miss him and need a hug today.
Tuesday, 20 July 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
I am so sorry, Alex. Sounds like there's nothing you could have done differently and I guarantee that it's so they can pay the other girl less. Back to the grindstone. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Oh no, I'm sorry dumpling :( Job hunting is a BEAST. My friend recently lost her job and she's having an incredibly hard time getting her foot in the door anywhere too. At least you're getting interviews, however sparse! Try to stay positive. Maybe you guys should start playing lotto haha
booo :( that sucks cos it sounds like you were PERFECT!
Does the US do 'the dole'?x
I get that & it's so annoying. I feel like a teenager being friendzoned. I went for a job interview recently & the lady phoned me back saying "We thought you were a lovely girl Nina, we all liked you very much but..."
Post a Comment