Saturday, 28 August 2010

Happy weekend!

Not much to report this week, no updates on the job front. I have a stomach ache/heart burn as I had a celebratory Boston kreme donut (yes apparently that is how you spell it) about 6 hours ago and it is burning its way through my as we speak. I was celebrating because I have lost another 2 ½lb this week. Go me!

Nothing else going on though. Boring. Desperately trying to look for child care for this start date, whenever it is, and in the meantime, we are also looking at moving. We have to get out and away from here and we had thought about holding on here for a few months, but no, we have to go as soon as we can. We've almost been married a year and both agree it is time. I think everyone in the house would all agree too. This is the most diplomatic way I can put this.

Tomorrow Patrick and I are having Indian food buffet. Well, maybe Sunday, but the important thing is that we are having it!

Go wish Coralene a happy wedding anniversary because it is this weekend!

Mine and Patrick's is 19th Sept. What a quick and turbulent year. Jeez. And then it is Adelaide's 2nd (can't figure out to make that a small nd sorry) birthday. Is it anal of me to have the majority of her presents purchased and wrapped already? Maybe so, but whilst kids are young it is dead easy to shop ahead in sales and such like and grab a bargain while you can and hide it away. I am totally a mum now. I have had this barrel of presents going for forever now, and some are for Christmas and some are for birthday.

Speaking of Christmas... GUESS who is going to the UK?! We are! Awesome! I am so friggin' excited about this you have NO IDEA. It is going to be amazing. The evening of the 21st (again, can't make it smaller) of December we are leaving on an American Airlines jet plane with Addie in a seat of her own and arriving at butt crack of dawn on the 22nd. Yay! I am so excited. But it cost a fucking fortune. FORTUNE. In future we can use some savings and tax rebates for this kind of thing, but this first trip back whilst we are so poor hit us hard. I got a contribution towards it form my Dad, which was a rather large contribution and really was amazing, but we still have a £1,000 and change to cover ourselves and throw at my credit card. Addie needs her own seat from October and she was long past being sat on a lap so we just had to suck it up and pay it. We are flying around night times for her, which should make it easier for her and will stock up on some new toys and books for the journey and if worst comes to worst I am going to take some valium with me. FOR ME NOT FOR HER!

Yay! Christmas is going to be amazing and I am so excited. I have that now to look forward too and it really is the light at the end of the tunnel for me because I miss my friends so much and relaly miss English sausages and supermarkets.

2 comments:

Sam said...

how long are you in england for? it'd be so fun to meet up! :) x

Lisa Jane said...

when are you coming over?
You staying with your dad?