Thinking about this in the shower, I should probably just finish these challenges before I post anything else. This has to be one of my worst traits. Never finishing anything, but I am a classic Aries and also, I did this test, and I was pretty blown away by how accurate the results were. You should all try it actually. If you need a UK postcode, make one up because the results, for me at least were BANG ON.
It measures your personality in 5 traits:
Openness indicates how willing we are to explore new ideas and ways of doing things.
Conscientiousness indicates how well we plan and exhibit self-control.
Extroversion indicates our desire for stimulation.
Agreeableness indicates how easily we get along with others.
Neuroticism indicates how we deal with negative emotions such as stress and anxiety.
Two of mine were really polar opposites, but totally explains why I have the problems I do!
My Extroversion was the highest it could be. But the conscientiousness was extremely low hahaha. Then Dr Winston was telling me in the video all these things I already knew: 1. I jumped into new things at the drop of a hat but then 2. never finished anything because I got bored. People with low scores for conscientiousness sucked at diets and will power, but high scored people worked extremely hard at work but were often looked over because the extroverted people got all the promotions and are generally paid higher.
So, without further a do, here is number 13. A letter to someone who has hurt you recently. I'm not going to put in any names, but I think the regular readers can figure out who it is pretty quickly.
Dear _____EDITEDSincerely, Alex
Phew! Been holding onto that one for a while obviously.
Day 14 - A picture of you and your family
An oldie but a goodie. A year and a half ago. So Adelaide loves rubber ducks. She must have like 10 of them, devil ducks, tattooed ducks, spotty, union jack, skull cross bones, regular, frankenstein duck, a duck pig thing, and today she got a mummy duck. Basically it is a duck, dressed like a mummy. Being of English heritage, Addie knows me as Mummy and also calls me Mumma. So the duck is Mumma duck. Although she articulates it like "Mumma. Duck." Haha. Too cute. Although she has been an utter shit bag this weekend one way or another.
Day 15- Put your iPod on shuffle: First 10 songs that play
My iPod is in my bag, so I am using iTunes, but its all the same music, so nevermind. You get the gist.
1. Portishead - Theme from "To Kill A Dead Man"
2. The Killers - Glamourous Indie Rock and Roll (I actually only like ONE Killers song, and this is not it, yet I downloaded the whole album because I could)
3. The Kleptones - I Want An Affair (you should all check out The Kleptones. You can download loads of their stuff for free from their website)
4. Slavic Soul Party! - Curcha 9/8 (Like the Killers, I like maybe 2 of their songs, but have the entire album. usually skip through most of their stuff)
5. The Faint - The Geeks Were Right
6. Ediaf Piaf - Hymne A L'amour
7. Elvis Presley - In The Ghetto (couldn't make this shit up!)
8. The Loneley Island - Dick in a Box (feat. Justin Timberlake) AWESOMENESS YOU ALL NEED THIS ALBUM
9. Nine inch nails - Even Deeper (ONE OF MY TOP THREE EQUAL BEST BANDS EVER EVER EVER)
10. Jeff Wayne - The Eve of the War
11. The Weakerthans - Illustrated Bible Stories for Children
12. Vampire Weekend - Walcott (because I'm so hip and now)
13. Reverend Horton Heat - Bad Reputation (LOVE ITTTTTTT)
14. ABBA - On and on and on (Abba are my most favourite band in the history of the universe. To the MAX!)
15. Brian Setzer Orchestra - This Cat's on a Hot Tin Roof
I went up to 15 because my iTunes is shitting a brick and won't give me any of my top played bands, so I did extra so you could see a few more and get a better idea of what I listen to on a regular basis.
So there.
Day 16 - Another picture of yourself
From a long time ago, when I used to 'dabble' in modelling. I use the term very loosely of course.
Day 17- Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why
These questions are a little bit difficult, because the sensible part of me feels like I don't make the most of the life I have haha. Maybe an animal or something. Sam already said a cat, so I can't copy her. Maybe a bird because I'd love to be able to fly, and to experience that would be awesome. Not sure about any people. If I had to chose someone famous or real, maybe I would do a public service and chose a real fuck up and try and improve things for them as best I could in one day. it would be a long 24 hours I am sure.
Day 18- Plans/dreams/goals you have
Oooh er. I'd like to have us debt free and a little better off sure, maybe a house. More kids and travelling and tattoos and more geekery and nonsense in our house. I forgot to mention that I bought a china Boston terrier money box thing today. Again. not wanting to copy Sam but Patrick and I have this grand plan (down to the last detail which was money where we realized we were fucked haha!) to open our own custom tattoo shop. Between the two of us we have have enough GOOD contacts to get some great names to come and do spots, and they'd stay and hang out a few days and I'd ply them with cake and tea (which at present I can't drink... damn everything in it on my stomach).
Maybe my dream is to have plans and goals?
Day 19- Nicknames you have; why do you have them
I just had to ask Patrick this, and he said Tits McGee! but no one calls me that. I am known though to a few people a JUGS for the same reason... family members call me Puppy (don't ask). Patrick calls me 'honey' or 'darlin'. I get called Al which is obviously a short form of Alex. I think that might be all for now. My internet alteregos range a few names as well, but they don't count really.
Day 20- Someone you see yourself marrying/being with in the future
Duhhhhhh Patrick!
Day 21- A picture of something that makes you happy
Maybe in a past life I was a gypsy, or a bird. I love travelling and going somewhere. I love people watching at airports and stations. I love movement and adventures and the sense of not knowing where I am going. In my old life I'd make a plan and just go off somewhere every 3 months. I need a change of scenery and a break, so off I'd go. Somewhere old or new, didn't matter. But I was always looking and waiting for that next trip away. To see something different and be somewhere new, making me in someway someone new and different too. I probably should have put a picture of Adelaide in this one, but never mind. She is a given obviously. Maybe one day when she is older we'll take more trips. Until then, I count down the weeks until our next adventure... 10 weeks and back to Blighty!











2 comments:
slugfaceman told me I'm highly neurotic and extroverted haha. I'm enjoying this :)
Such a huuuugee post, far too much for me to comment on....yet!
That is such a beautiful picture of you!
Dear EDITED. Gotcha.
12. Vampire Weekend - Walcott (because I'm so hip and now)
^ha
Post a Comment