So Patrick got me a lovely present yesterday!
New Angelique print. I can't believe I am even posting about this, because I see Angelique's work is SUPER popular now, and I know a bunch of other bloggers have written about her, and I certainly don't want to seem like one of the drones joining in.... but here she is!
So now, I have Cordelia, Marie and Frankie. Lots of tattooed ladies. Apparently with Frankie, whilst stocks last you get another special print as a freebie gift! Hoorah!
Yesterday Patrick and I were brave/stupid and got KFC (me) and Taco Bell (him) for dinner and we've been regretting it ever since. Worst idea ever. You don't want to know about the odor and gut ache coming from this apartment. Gross.
I decided that I want to get a hobby. After our friends left after Addie's birthday I realized that I need some local friends. I love Patrick and Addie obviously, and our little unit, and since we've moved I've been so busy moving, doing immigration stuff, watching inlaw drama unfold and mostly being a mum, I've stopped really being myself and I don't actually really know what 1. I like doing for fun and 2. what interests me and 3. how to socialize. I could join a mums group, but really we all know that just because you have kids, that isn't enough to form a friendship with someone. I want to get some interests again, and be myself and have friendships based on those interests, because I'm a person. I'm not 'just' a mum. I want to have some kind of life of my own so to speak. Patrick was talking about having friends around to play Call of Duty (the new one when it comes out) and as much as I love computer games, I don't like fighting games like that, and I wouldn't want to make him miss out... but it got me thinking. I don't know anyone I could ask around. I have work colleagues, but they all live outside of Boston and I don't really have too much in common with them, although they are lovely don't get me wrong. So mostly, I'd like the chance to get out and socialize and meet some people. I think its important to have a life outside of a relationship, although written down, that sounds harsh... but I mean Patrick should have his interests and social circle and I should have mine, as well as us having one together. Because you can't live in each others pockets.
I thought about doing some classes, because that might be fun, but we'll see on some prices. And although Patrick said we could always make it work, I don't want to spend an arm and a leg when I can think of a MILLION other things we could be doing with the money, especially when we wouldn't see anything 'physical' after forking out the money for it. I even considered things like Roller Derby, which is hilarious because I spent a long time taking the piss out of the whole thing, because 1. I knew some batshit crazy girls on SG that did it, and 2. it was/is all the rage and I really don't like to be one of those band wagon jumpers, but I am not sure how else I could meet some other ladies that are fun/tattooed to make friends with in a non meat market environment.
God reading this back I sound like a right dick. I don't mean to be elitist, but I'm 30 years old now. I want to do something and not feel like a moron teen because a bunch of other moron teens are doing it cos they saw it in a movie or a film or its all super popular.
Any suggestions?
Ps, I miss my friend Nikki something terrible!








2 comments:
Lucky Lady!!!!!!!!
Hey!!!!
I'm sorry its took me forever to pop over and see you. I have been doing a little catch up on your posts. I see you moved out of the in-laws. Yippeeee! Thats great news.
Belated birthday wishes to Adelaide. You at the terrible two's yet? Well, we are at the peak with Edie. Its insane. haha
I know exacly what you are saying in the post. Its so hard. Just try a few things out. I too hate mummy groups. I'd rather not just chat babies 24/7! Haha
Oh you mentioned about the bow I made. Well message me your address please Mrs. I shall send you a little something :)
I'm so bad at blogging so bear with me! Haha
x
Post a Comment