This weekend we have been dealing with a dose of man/toddler flu and watched some movies. Poor Patrick seemed to get Addie's germs and is full of cold. The poor bloke even had to take a day off work, with Addie (as I did on Wednesday) and then another half day on Friday. He is doing better, but full of snot and has had to resort to a blanket on the couch at times, which is unheard of as my husband is the human radiator. Poor bloke.
I on the other hand am still healthy (ish) but my skin hates me and my stomach is doing okayish. Friday night after we put our delightful brat to bed, we FINALLY watched Inception. We thought it was great! I can see how it would have been amazing in the cinema, but man it was a long film... well, longer than I expected anyways. I'm glad we were on the couch with a blanket and popsicles/ice lollies. Definitely a keeper/to be watched again. And I don't like Ellen Paige or Leonardo DiCaprio and they weren't at all annoying in this. Loads of good actors and it jumped straight in from the get go. Highly recommended. Yesterday I made Patrick watch the first Harry Potter. I really like the movies. Couldn't give a fuck for the books and Patrick has only seen the last two, and like me is looking forward to the next one coming out this month... so I said he has to get up to speed with them so to speak. So we ordered the first one and bless, don't they all look so young hehe! Next week it'll be HP number two. Then earlier today we watched Surrogates which wasn't bad either.
Saturday I went and got Patrick some coffee and breakfast and Dunkin' Donuts, did a few loads of washing, Skyped with my Dad a bunch, changed the sheets, cleaned the bathroom within an inch of its life, and did some odd jobs and tried to keep on top of the rest of the house whilst Adelaide screamed and moaned. I also took some out and went to the supermarket whilst she napped (Patrick stayed home). For dinner I made a Moroccan chicken curry dish, which was basically a mash up of carrots, curry powder, onion, chicken, cous cous and some weird herby sachet thing. Then Patrick made banana bread. Bit of a role reversal there, usually he is savory and I am sweet. His banana bread was good, but not as good as mine apparently! (His words not mine)
I felt bad for him because he was obviously ill but there was something going on in my had which mean I had to go and do something. Sometimes it is cabin fever, sometime boredom and then sometimes I just have shit that needs doing. This weekend it was a bit of everything. I want to get this apartment looking nice and get some pictures up! Although you know what, we all went to Target today to look at frames and came out with everything but. I am sitting here in my brand new marked down Paul Frank pj bottoms from the ladies section! Woo! I treated myself and got myself something nice! Go me! Adelaide of course got a new top and some leggings, but that is just how she rolls.
This week brings more office move stuff, ANOTHER birthday party for Addie at the inlaws and.... not much else. Well payday on Friday. God bless America and being paid every two weeks. So I should have plenty of time to tell you all about the stuff Danielle gave me!
Now we are back on the couch, watching TV in our pjs. I love my husband! Looking forward to The Waking Dead on later tonight. YAY ZOMBIES!








No comments:
Post a Comment