Tuesday, 23 November 2010

Hey you guuuuuuuys

How have you all been?

We've had a busy weekend... went to see our friends in Deerfield, and then went to Portsmouth, to have lunch with our lovely friends Jason and Kim Scott, who own Hobo's and Congress Street. THEN we went back to Merrimack for the night, for football watching. THEN today I had to take Adelaide to the Drs for her 2 years well visit. What a way to lose 2 hours. Crazy. But all went well, she got measured and is a whopping 37"/94cm tall! 99% for height and 98% for weight so she is consistent. She is actually due a growth spurt actually so I wouldn't be surprised if she jumped up again... because she is usually around the 110% area (there isn't a line!) When they first measured her she was 38" but they did it again when they realized she had grown 4 inches since she was last in... but then she started kicking around... but 37" is pretty good.

She dazzled the doc with her counting and shape knowing and animal noises and body parts. Didn't say any Chinese though, but the doctor believed me. had to argue my case again for the chicken pox shot but got my way in the end, but caved in on the Hep shot. Addie needed her last booster for pneumococcal somethingorother as well, and there was much going over her red book ( a UK thing) to see if she was finally a year later, up to date on her shots.

I think we are good for now finally. I said no to the flu because I think it is overkill right now.

So she had her shots and I had to hold her on my lap and she cried and cried but then was fine after we gave her a tub toy and some Dora stickers. Thank jebus for stickers!!

We are glad to be home after a variety of mattress and floor combos.

Spoke with my good friend from Jersey today, she shall remain nameless for now, but I am pleased to report I think she has turned a corner of late. She has had some terrible time of late but I think she is doing much better. I wish I could be there for her, and it breaks my heart she is not, but I am glad I can be there virtually and give snippets of advice and make jokes with her.

Thanksgiving this week! I cannot wait. I don't care for Thanksgiving I might add, but it marks the start of the 'Holiday Season' and THIS TIME NEXT WEEK I WILL BE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM WITH MY BONKERS FAMILY. I cannot wait!

I have told my Dad that if he takes Addie out of my hair for the day I will clean the house. I will add I do this normally but with a two year old around? No. Impossible. So he has to get her own of the way if I can do it and semi baby proof stuff. Patrick will probably sleep. Because that is what he does. Men!

No comments: