So, we are going back to the UK on Tuesday. And you know what dear readers? As usual old Blighty got a dose of the white stuff and are unable to do anything about it. Heathrow has been closed ALL DAY today, and isn't accepting any flights in until further notice. They cleared the runway, but apparently everything else is covered in ice so the planes can't get to the gates.
Sorry, but having spent some time now in snowy New England and Iceland, where they manage just fine year in and year out, perhaps the authorities should have sat up and taken note last year, and invested some money in gritters and snow ploughs. Yes, I know this costs money... but you know what There is a lot of salt in the world and it doesn't go off. Just keep it somewhere useful, like under some bridges or viaducts, like they do here... or big barns with no front on them.
If I can't get back to the UK for Wednesday morning I will be gutted. I am so looking forward to this break.. to see my Dad, brother, closest friends and eat some food. I don't ask for much, please let me have this. I just want some time away from work and to just enjoy a break with my husband and family.
In other news, to take my mind off the snow which is making me antsy, I bought a lot of candy this week for my chums back home. I also had to buy a straightener finally because yours truly had a haircut!
Went from this:

To.... this!

Jess was cutting my hair and hacking away at it, and colouring it and doing a nice purple bit for 3 1/2 hours. She said I have the thickest hair she has ever seen in all her haircutting years.
I am going to try really hard to keep this nice. I am still not sure if it suits me. I think it might be a little harsh for my face, but we'll see. I have a nice teeny fringe too (hence the straighteners needed).
All sounds like a lot of works to me!!








6 comments:
:( I was thinking of you this morning when the radio told me the airports were all shut :( let's hope we have a heatwave before Tuesday!
x
oh! and i want a front on pic of your hair!
We were meant to be on the plane right now, but our flight's been canceled to Heathrow. Now won't be back in the UK til Xmas Eve. I'm absolutely gutted. You should be just fine being on a Tuesday flight though. Fu**ing England.
oh lady! I am sorry. Who were you flying with BA or AA?
Was that the earliest they could reschedule you... Xmas Eve? I think it is supposed to clear up mid week so we should all be lucky... but I am guessing all the flights are jam packed now so if our flight gets cancelled I expect we'll not be there until after Christmas Day. Bah.
How long are you back for?
Sam... I know! My heart sank when I saw it. What are your plans for Xmas?
Just the usual, boring family stuff, lunch with everyone, then gonna spend the evening at mine and get drunk and eat copious amounts of roast potatoes :)
your dad should totally move to wales instead ;)
We're with Virgin Atlantic to Heathrow. The soonest we could get on another flight was the evening of 23rd to arrive morning 24th. We're meant to fly back here on the 31st. This whole thing - and now the storm here - is making me sick. Miserable fu**ing weather!!!
oh hun that sucks :(
We're AA. All their Boston flights were cancelled today, I am holding my breath until I can check in 45 minutes to see if it all still going ahead tomorrow. And yes, this storm now our end is pretty stupid. Atleast New Englanders know what to do in this weather!
Post a Comment