Saturday, 19 February 2011

New curtains

FINALLY I bought some curtains. I first saw a pair on the Urban Outfitters website, and then as I went to buy them, their site told me they were no longer available. Which was annoying. In my defence though, I did stall on buying them for ages.

So, I left it for a while and then this week went to look at the site again, seeing there was a sale thinking I could get some others instead. Saw some more. Great. Put them in my cart. Five seconds later, no longer available, but the first ones I wanted were. Went to cart, they weren't available. Well, actually I could get one, but not two. Most annoying.

Then today, I looked and my second choice (but much more suitable for the front room) was available again. I learnt my lesson already so I bought two curtains lickety split. And a bag for Patrick that he had been thinking about for ages.

And here they are! Hearts and birds, a bargain at $9.99 each.. plus I had a a coupon code for a discount.


That is the highlight of my weekend so far people. We went to the post office earlier and did our usual trip to the bakery next door... but ALAS dear readers... no palmiers/elephant ears. Not happy. I got Addie some cookies and Patrick some custard tarts and we went to Patsy's instead for a lobster tail cake for me. But ALAS dear readers! None of them either. Weekend was soon written off! Don't they know I have my period and I need just the right cake to feel better? I bought some other stuff instead, but it isn't the same. They just don't understand a woman's needs!

Adelaide is still doing well on the potty. Earlier she took a poop and kept standing up to check it. After about 3 times standing up and checking we saw this big poop dangling from her butt. Patrick and I: "ARGH!!!!" Which made Addie jump and the poop promptly fell to the floor. I don't mind cleaning up poop and pee. Your own kids poop and pee really doesn't count and after 2 years of dealing with it, I am kinda indifferent to it. I don't like the way my hands smell though afterwards. Even if I wash them really well, I still feel like I can smell poop on them. Like, if there ever was any poop, it was washed and cleaned off, but the smell just won't shift.


3 comments:

Sam said...

such pretty curtains! I get paid next week, and I'm sooo gonna go shop in UO :)

Fawn and Flower said...

I love your curtains! I need new ones too. I keep meaning to just make them but... eh...

Alex said...

Do it Sam! The one here has a sale on at present!

And Coralene... I bet you could sew up a pair in no time!