Finally I am going to do one of Sam's things! Join in if you like!
1. I am looking forward to eating an elephant ear... (aka palmier it is a kind of pastry before you gasp in horror!) tomorrow. I am so craving pastries or cake or something nice. I could eat a bowl of crisps right now, but wouldn't satisfy... and we don't have any either. DAMN IT. This is what a palmier looks like. The ones from the bakery near us don't look quite like that, but they are pretty similar, and also a bit thicker. Made from a sort of flakey pastry, with sugar and cinnamon. Delicious. Also, having some kind of lie in would be good too. Oh! And I ordered some shoes today, I am also looking forward to those arriving. AND maybe also my friend Nikki receiving her package that I sent her on the 16th April. That only just arrived in the UK (so much for Priority Mail!!) so maybe next week she might get it...
2. Something kind of embarrassing that I still love anyway is uuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmm I love the songs from Grease 2? It is such a terrible movie, but I still love it. Apart from "Let's do it for our country" which is rubbish, but the rest of them are genius and terribly awesome. I don't even think I am actually embarrassed about that.
I also really like ABBA. Patrick just reminded me. I actually LOVE Abba. Although, again I am not embarrassed.
In America this is weird and people think I am odd for it, but I like having ham sandwiches, with nothing but ham and butter and bread. PEOPLE OF AMERICA. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BUTTERING YOUR BREAD WHEN YOU MAKE A SANDWICH. IT IS WHAT BRITISH PEOPLE DO INSTEAD OF FILLING A SANDWICH WITH OTHER CRAP LIKE 37 SAUCES AND 45 VARIATIONS OF PICKLES.
3. My favorite car is a Nissan Figaro easily. But there are not apparently any in the United States... And even if I had the money to import one, I would have to do a lot of shit to it to let them let me drive it on the road apparently. Silly Americans. After seeing one at a car thing last year, I really like the late 50's and 1960's Chevrolet Corvette. The one I saw in particular was I think a later 50's model and it was a lovely light yellow. That white cut away on the side an the lights are just beautiful. Such curves!
4. If I could pick one type of weather to live with for the rest of my life it would be something along the lines the Spring ish weather we are having here. Sunny early on. Not too warm to start the day and then by lunch time it is lovely and warm. Not stupidly hot as it has been, but enough for me to enjoy sitting in the sun without feeling like I am starting to boil at lunch time... then gradually increase through the day until around 4/5pm to a summery warm (Alex warm is probably not warm enough for some) but not humid. A light breeze would be nice (not too cold though) and then around 6pm there would be a big thunder and lightning storm to clear the air so we weren't all sweaty balls and uncomfortable for bed.
5. My favorite thing to do after a bad/stressful day is m eat some crap food (you name it... I could easily polish off two packets of biscuits, my weight in crisps/chips, half a loaf of (ENGLISH) bread toasted, chocolate, chocolate, cake, the works) and kick back in a nice long bath. Maybe go out and see some friends when I had less responsibilities... or heck friends that lived around me. It has been so long now that I don't think I would know what to do with myself if I did go out!
6. This weekend I am going to eat a palmier. Maybe 2. That is all that matters! Also, we are going to go to Target, do a food shop at Market Basket and get Addie some new water/milk cups (probably just those from Walmart) in NH (yeah live free or die) when we go up to visit Patrick's mum who had an operation on her neck today. It was major but not serious or life threatening, but she wouldn't believe it if you told her, so we are going to go check on her and pamper her a bit. OH! And we are going to clean out Patrick's car (having a toddler in your car every day for the majority of your commute is not good for your interior) and then also take a trip to the New Balance factory store. Patrick needs some new sneakers.
7. If I were a color, I'd be I don't know. I took a poll and someone said red. I don't know if I am red. I like to wear nautical reds and blues, but I don't know if I am a red. I have red hair, but maybe I am not a red. Red strikes me as a bit angry and stressy. I don't think I am that. Patrick said I would be a navy blue. I am probably more of a lighter royal blue I think. I cannot believe I am actually giving this so much thought. Patrick said I sounded offended when red was suggested. I wasn't as such, but I think my facial impressions implied that I was not happy about it haha. Maybe I am a red after all!!








1 comment:
american's dont butter the bread for sandwiches? wtf?!
there's nothing wrong with just one filling. crazy americans! ;)
Post a Comment