
Firstly, happy birthday to mah totes virtz gurl Corale'qua! Oh no girlfriend! Oh no I didn't! Etc. I hope you had a fantastic day today, with shoes and quiche and cake and thifty found vintage dresses. I am about to make you a little something, but have slacked so will get crackin' on that as soon as possible!
That last paragraph was written so badly. I am so spaced out. Today was overall a fun day, because Patrick arranged for me to get a surprise tattoo! What a fantastic husband he is! Eva Huber who works in Chicapee, Mass. Addie spent the whole drive when not napping going "CHICKAPEAS!" and telling stories about "chickapeas" to hr iguana cuddly toy. It was cute.
Have you ever had one of those days where you know it is going to be a disaster? It was so hot last night, to paraphrase our friend Ben "like being inside someone's mouth" last night. No blankets, the air con on full crank, and still I woke up in a puddle next to my husband who said his balls had melted into a pile of silly putty. I let him sleep in, got up with Addie and gave him the fan. So tired. I also had a terribly upset stomach, probably led on from the nice meal I had with work (a retreat which I'll tell you about another time) the day before, and a dinner watching hockey which consisted of ice cream, peanuts and chips. It was coming out of both ends and I felt horrid. I just did not want to be tattooed full stop really. Adelaide as as well have been on a hit of acid and speed, because she was climbing the walls. Patrick was not receiving this well either. The car journey up we encountered 90% of Masseuhuessetts (this was my original spelling of my current state which was so wrong my spell check could not even correct it. I had to Google Massachusetts a few times until I got it write. I WANT TO LIVE IN A STATE THAT IS EASIER TO SPELL PLEASE) it was a somewhat stressful ride up, and I was already nervous cos I didn't know too much about Eva and I always find it a bit nervous getting work by someone new, and especially so if Patrick hasn't got work by them. I ate some snacks on the way up (and there) and tried to relax though in prep for the tattooing.
Got to the shop, Eva was great. So nice, as was her friend Gary who was hanging out. Everyone else there though seemed to have a terrible attitude and gave off a clicky smug better than you vibe and I felt like saying "Really, because you live in Chicapee and your tattoos suck. I'm trying to be friendly, don't be a bitch". Before we even started I knew it was going to hurt. Patrick and Eva suggested a horrible spot, which was by my inside left leg knee sorta going diagonally. It was horrible. The lower part below that was getting into shin territory, no problem. Shins I've done fine. But the bit just above my knee and on the inside, no. No. No. I thought I wanted to be sick. Wanting to spot instantly a tattoo has started isn't a good sign and something I haven't really experienced in a long time (since I had my chest tattooed URGH) and I was lying down which in hindsight is a bad move for me, and I was really twitchy. When she stopped I was sweating and shaking. And apologising. I tried to breathe better but I couldn't stop tensing, holding my breath and writhing so when she told me to breathe and relax I actually covered my face and started crying quietly hahah!!! What a wuss!! I had made the classice mistake of mentally giving up straight away so I had no defences or backup, and I couldn't even focus on anything else or muster a flowing conversation because I was that badly internally freaking. I nearly stopped her and gave up a bunch of times. I am glad I didn't though. It looks great. Pictures to come, but it is a sassy lady, covered in blue line tattoos holding a skateboard with a rose for a head. Yes, you heard that correctly. I felt bad for showing myself and Patrick up, especially as he went to so much trouble to arrange the surprise for me. Eva kept apologising for hurting me, which was super sweet of her, and she was really supportive and super nice about everything. I'd defo get some work from her again though.
Weirdly... I had the SAME lame pain FAIL with Adam tattooing my leg right next to that spot above my knee, but when Jay Cavna did something in a similar area on the RIGHT leg, no problem. I wonder if I have a dodgy leg. My theory? Hormones. I am not on my period or anything like that but my phone app is telling me I am fertile and will be ovulating tomorrow. I THINK I AM ON TO SOMETHING HERE. I wish I could track back to that time with Adam and check somehow. Maybe I should get tattooed again when I know this is the case and test it.. but honestly, thinking about it, makes me puke in my mouth a little bit just in case.
OH. And my hair. Looks awful. Humidity plus it needing a cut maybe 3 or more weeks ago. Urgh. I couldn't get in with Jess either so I have to just wait it out until I can get in with her one Saturday. Awful hair. It is like I had a frizzy hair transplant with Bon Jovi's mum. I want to cry I hate it so much. I wonder if I could clipper it and it wouldn't look so bad. It is too hot to wear a hat at the moment.
Patrick and Addie hung out and went to Northampton, which was apparently a beautiful town.. even though the Newbury Comics there was also full of snooty clicky bitches.
In other news, Patrick got me a RAD balls Darth Vader light! he found it at a thift store for $5. It is actually really awful, but still pretty awesome, if you know what I mean? Like honestly, it is tacky as hell, but tacky good tacky. And hello, Star Wars?!? Yes please.
Tomorrow we are heading up to the in laws for some hanging out and Target fan shopping and plant buying in Home Depot.
Blagh. Bed for me I am bat and feel like poop. But I have a rad lamp and a rad tattoo thanks to Patrick!








2 comments:
urgh, getting tattooed when you're just not feeling well, or feeing it is the worst.
Luckily, I've not had that happen in a while as my last 3 tattoos have been ones I've been booked in for months in advance, and wimping out is just not an option.
well done for sticking it out though, can't wait to see the pics!
I am loserballs USA for not seeing this! Thank you, you peach!
Haha "the classic mistake of mentally giving up"... been there. Man, I can't believe you did that. I need to see though, do you have pictures?? You brave little toaster!
Post a Comment