Weather! Get it? Well I guess I should first say this post is a little bit about the 'hurricane' that came through here like 2 weeks ago. I didn't delay my post because I was evacuated like several people I know, or my house blew or washed away down a river, like happened to lots of people in Vermont. Nor did a tree fall on it, which happened a lot around here.
We escaped the path of the (by the time it hit us was downgraded to a) tropical storm that blew through New England. On the plus side, it gave me a nice taste of fall, and sitting around in my PJs that Saturday we were cooped up in the house. Patrick ran out quickly to get supplies in the morning, which was basically a box of donuts from Dunkin Donut's. We scoffed our way through the good ones pretty quick and were left with a few for the rest of the day. Thankfully there was not a sudden change in the weather (and it got worse) or I might have had a fit and had to go out and get more.
Since the storm not much to report. 2 weeks in a row we've gone to New Hampshire to help do yard work at the in laws. I don't recommend getting married in your in laws front garden because then you have to do yard work as a favor to them. As nice as their offer was, I am never going to do any weeding again as it took me a month to recover and then last weekend I had to CLEAN OUT GUTTERS. I don't mind climbing a ladder and doing stuff, but it is like weeding BUT WORSE. Mostly because they admitted they had never cleaned their gutters ever since they moved there over 10 years ago and I was basically destroying ecosystems of ants and spiders... OF WHICH THERE WERE HUNDREDS THAT WENT DOWN MY TOP and I also pulled out a DEAD ANIMAL! I am not sure if it was a mouse or a chip monk or something like that. Gross either way. Oh, and small trees growing in there too. Poor Patrick didn't get off lightly either... he had to replace a whole door frame or something like that.
Wedding related, not much else has gone on. I am past caring now really. I really am. It'll be a bit of a disaster on the day, but we'll laugh about it. I wanted it to be really nice and how I wanted it to be in my head, which would have worked on the budget we had, but meh, whatever. My Dad isn't coming so as far as I am concerned, it is a just a fancy party, nothing more.
Maybe one day we can just go to Las Vegas like Patrick and I ALWAYS talked about and get married/vows renewed by Elvis. I don't know why we just didn't do that instead, and just told everyone else that we were doing it and then did a small gathering when we got back.
Money related, we moved some credit card stuff around and should be in a better position for the future. Yay us!
Wednesday, 7 September 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Hey!!
So when is the date for your wedding????
Haven't spoke to you in ages.
So what dress are you going to wear?!?!?!?
Email me if you get chance. I'd love to help out somwhere if I can :)
Lisa
xx
Post a Comment