Monday, 26 November 2012

Happy Thanksgiving/Birthday Addie/Whoops been a long time post

Jesus.  Another MONTH has gone by.  A month and change.  Whoops.  What the heck is wrong with me, other than the fact I am pregnant and my memory span is short?

Work has been busy as heck, I would like to get promoted before I go on maternity leave, but we'll see about that.

We are looking for a house to buy.  Found one I ended up really falling for, put an offer in but someone beat us to it and they went with them instead.  So I am slightly raw about that still.  A bit like when you break up with someone, and you can still talk about THEM but the thought of looking for another special someone or putting yourself "out there" is enough to make you physically feel sick or curl up into a ball and die.  Yeah that is how I was most of the Thanksgiving period.  But, I know, I know, you don't get a home run on your first go, and we probably stalled a bit too much and if we'd acted quicker we'd likely have got it but know for next time yadda yadda.  So maybe later next week we'll look again.  We need 3+ bedrooms, at least 2 toilets, nd off-street parking and a yard.  Not much to ask for really.  We have stellar credit, a healthy and growing deposit and I alone are approved for more house than we want to spend... but we have to factor in the cost of daycare for 2, starting June ish of next year.  So that brings down our monthly payment of what we'd want to be spending.

In other news I am wicked seriously nesting.  If I can't bleach it, I can vacuum it or polish it.  Or put it in a Sterilite box.  If if doesn't fit in a Sterilite box and get tetris'd in the cupboard then I will likely throw it away.  My poor husband! Haha.  This week I moved from building up the stock of arrival stuff for the "Weapon X" (his current nickname) to babywearing stuff.  Ergobaby had a sweeeeet sale so I bought a new soft structured carrier from the source (no risk of fakes etc) in black, so Pat can get in on the baby-wearing (not something that I forced on him!  He mentioned it to me in bed!) and I bought 2 woven wraps:  a Didymos cotton/silk wrap (India design with elephants and peacocks but in a size 7) aaaaaaaaand the last in stock Girasol Keshet in a diamond weave in a 6.  SO AMAZING both of them.

I can't wait for little man to arrive.  I wasn't really excited with Adelaide. Well, that sounds weird.   I am sure I was, but things are a little less INSANE and CRAZY now, like my circumstances were then.  She is and will always be my baby girl and we'll always have that special bond for the time we spent together in Jersey.  Learning how to deal with each other and her changing my life completely.  I'd never have it any other way, and I hope she knows that.  (I make sure to tell her so!) But maybe it's cos being pregnant for a second time, when you know what to expect and it isn't really new, is kind of boring.  25 weeks though, and I guess Christmas is almost upon us so time is flying really.  March will be here in no time.  So far, this pregnancy is kind of the same, uneventful and and I am very healthy and dull.  Baby is moving around a bit more, but maybe I am more aware of it now?  Who knows.  I'm all done for scans but maybe I'll get a 3D/4D scan before Christmas as a treat.

So how the devil are all of you?  What have you been doing?

PS - WOOOOO 800th post!!!

No comments: