Wednesday, 23 November 2005

The more I see of the world, the less inclined I am to think well of it.

Well it had to happen. I'm watching pride and prejudice again.

I love it soooo much. I wish I could be in a period drama.

I'm on disc two now where Mr Darcy has written to Elizabeth about Mr Wickham, Mr Bingley, Jane and explains his actions in the beginning, in somekind of "well you said you wouldn't marry me for a million reasons but let me attempt to explain myself" letter. But yeah the Bennetts are a funny bunch. It's all got very "Sufferable!!" and Colin Firth is doing the side burn britches combo with a moody look to boot. I can't resist.

At the same time, I am talking to Natalie about Dirty Dancing. I don't know how but we have mixed the two rather well!

It went a bit like this: (after we talked of me downloading DD in Polish)
but i still watched it anyways
what? that's rubbish!
yes you and joshua could do the voices!
as they dubbed it with a mans gruff voice and it was so funny
we skipped through to all the good quotes
i know you werent the one who got penny in trouble. when im wrong i say im wrong
:D
its cleopatra! i feel like such an asp!
MR darcy is now pacing around looking all "i want to say something but i cant"
in vain i have struggled! it wil not do!
i mst tell you how i ardantly admire and love you
against my better judgement
and now hes basically saying that urgh im a snob and your common and i hate myself for liking you but i dont care! i dont care what anyone says and i know its totally unrational! marry me!
and shes like "wow, thanks." *rolls eyes*
good for her
"i have never desired your good opinion" etc etc etc
oh ho shes shocked
hes*and this is all the reply i am to expect!
and now shes saying you like me against your will, how nice
Oh, come on, ladies. God wouldn't have given you maracas if He didn't want you to shake 'em.
I may say the disclosure had quite the opposite effect to the one she intended. It taught me to hope as I had scarcely ever allowed myself to hope before.....
You don't understand the way it is, I mean for somebody like me. Last month I'm eating Jujubes to keep alive, and this month women are stuffing diamonds in my pocket, I'm bouncing on shit and quick as that!!!
Yes, but that was only when I first knew her, for it is many months since I have considered her as one of the handsomest women of my acquaintance!

I feel like I've been smoking crack now. Joshua is STILL at work as its Lloyds D Day. I am shattered but I don't want to go to bed on my own. Part of me feels guilty when I know he is still working, and the other half of me wants my giant hot water bottle!

1 comment:

Sameranda said...

That actually kind of works!

Glad to hear you've got Pride & Prejudice OCD as well, I can't get enough and recently forced my fiance to watch the entire series, but guess what - he loved it. Did you see the recent film? It's quite rubbish and leaves loads out.

PS "I carried a watermelon ?!?"