Thursday, 27 April 2006

Scales my arse

Well, after all your kind words and some general consensus type chatting at work, I'm going to ignore it. Because these kind of things don't take into account if you are freakishly tall for your generation, from a large stock genetically speaking and just generally built like Viking. This morning I checked it out on a BMI chart and it said I was clinically obsese, and not just in, like really into the red. I know muscle weighs more than fat, and my period might affect things, also the charts they use quite clearly say, as I put above, that they work on averages, and don't allow for altheletes or people with different body types from the norm. The all contradicted each other somewhat, and some were using data from the Sixities. And no offence, smoking was good for you in the Sixities. And as Sam said, I weigh more than people like Ria, but I can reach the high shelves and walk several miles and not really be that bothered until I stop. I added that last one in for Ria hahaha. But yes, smack down. Eat it. I do have a nice curvy frame going on right now and I don't wobble so much. I can jiggle in all the right places too.

Fleur told em today that the more muscle you have the higher metabolism. Thats awesome because I am so fucking hungry all the time now. Mmmm. Smoothies. I need veg stat. Well, later. I tend to have a few portions of fruit during the day, and some vegetables in the evening with my dinner.

Last night I watched Prozac Nation which I enjoyed. It is a film about a talented young lady at Harvard, suffering from depression. Theres drugs and some sex in it too, even The Boss. But at quite a few times despite whatever anguish and problems she had and what have you, I just really hated Christina Ricci's character. She played it very well, and I do love that girl, but the character was really really unlikable. I can understand why she did the things that she did but had no sympathy for her and wonder if maybe she was meant to be like that. I know that sounds really harsh coming from me, not that I am umsympathetic, because I've had my problems and so have my friends and I would like to think that I've been there for them... but yeah. I was recomended this film by my friend Gwindylyn in America, and she said she really empathised with the lead and that the film spoke volumes to her. Maybe I don't get it cos I am not American. Who knows. It was very good though. The reviews IMDB were talking about cult status, I don't know about that again, but there were some great performances from the semi big name cast. Especially considering you normally see them in American Pie or Dawson's Fucking Creek.

No comments: