So I had rather busy and okayish day at work. Jennie was feeling very ill and a bit of a grump so I did my best to appease her and stay out of her way. No Dom and Sara left early to go to Geneva on holiday or something for a few days.
Went to the gym, did a bit on the bike, went on a well hard level to get my heart rate up, which worked and I thought I was going to die at one point so stopped after about 13km. Then did the ab crunch machine, then cooled down on the bike again. My arms hurt so no rowing for me today, also the gym was insanely busy and I wouldn't of been able to get on one if I had even wanted to either. I stupidly had a go on the scales before I left too. I thought it was going to be a body mass index thing but it wasn't. I haven't weighed myself in years soon as I realised it was just normal scales I hopped off but I still saw what it said. I'm so confused. I know I am much thinner than I used to be. I haven't gotten any taller and I really can't can't be as big as I was when I was first at university. I was huge. But somehow, I weigh as much as I did then. Yes yes we could go on saying that muscle weighs more than fat, and I have been toning up my legs and whatever, but even so. I'm not going to say how much I weigh, because I am mortified and realy embaressed, but now I'm confused, because how am I supposed to work out my BMI? Because isn't that your weight with some equasion to your height? And I certianly havent got any taller. The worst bit is, I was a bit confused, because it was in kilograms, so I thought, ooh nevermind, maybe that isn't a lot. By the time I had walked home I had kind of convinced myself that [insert amount here] wasn't actually that much at all, infact, no it sounded quite good. So I found a kg to pound converter, then divided that by 14 to get it into stone and nearly died. I don't understand!! I really don't!! I think I might cry. Maybe my period is due and I am actually not that big, but according to the scales at Fitness First, even with a period margin of error, I am still a fucking heffer. Urk.
Wednesday, 26 April 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
DO NOT STRESS!
I hate scales, because they are such evil torturing things and lie.
You KNOW that you are wearing things smaller than you used to.
You KNOW that you are leaner and fitter.
So what does it matter what a stupid machine says.
My mum and me are the same height.
She wears clothes that are 2-3 sizes bigger than me.
But she WEIGHS more than a stone less.
[nearly 2 and a half stone less last time i asked her.]
That doesn't make her thinner than me though.
I'm just more , well, solid.
From the last photos i saw of you, you look bloody fantastic, so just ignore the scales.
*hugs*
My BMI scales say I'm clinically obese. They are a pile of stinky poo.
And you're tall aren't you? I'm about 2 stone heavier than most of my female friends but I can reach high bookshelves so nah nah. And I could SO take them on in a smack down.
Post a Comment