We went looking round the awesome shops and had lunch at Cafe Paris, still getting used to the surroundings. The guy at the hotel desk recommended we went to a market thing so we did, but it was a bit random and like an inside Jumble Sale for Tim! Hahah!
We went up to the big church thing... Hallgrimur. It was awesome inside. We went in the lift and took in the view over the whole city, which was amazing. Fucking freezing though. And the bell went off when we were up there. We got caught up in a Church of Iceland march thing, which was random, there were Scouts in just their shirts (!) and people on motorbikes and people with placards.




The shops in town are all different and have their own little feel. Lots of quirk and originality. Awesome. Most of the afternoon is a blur, I couldn't tell you what we did to be honest.
Later in the night, we went out for food at Icelandic Fish and Chips, for gluten free and all organic fish and chips. I had pollack and little roasted potatoes and a home-made lemonade drink. Mmmmm. Then we hit up some bars, but actually got no further than one called Dillon. Sort of a 'rock bar' but looked inside like a chilled quiet pub. As the night went on, it got insanely busy. I got bought a drink, well the guy actually bought Tim and me some drinks. Some drunken Irish bloke off his head wouldn't leave me alone, then his mate got rid of him and bought us some more drinks. The bar man gave us free shots of this stuff called Agwa with like like sherbet, that you lick, like salt with tequila. Well, this stuff is made from the coca leaf, which is what cocaine is made from. We didn't believe him, but when I checked it out later, it made a lot of sense as to why we felt pretty perky afterwards. Boy it was nice. So much nicer than the Black Death we had, although Tim likes that. Although I still bought a bottle in Duty Free with some sexy little shot glasses on the way home. We met loads of people at that Bar , Lilja turned up as well for a bit and many times during the night we told ourselves that we'd go home early so we could get up early to go out of Reykjavik to explore. This happened regularly every fifteen minutes until about 3am when all of a sudden Tim's face changed and he declared that IT WAS TIME TO GO. At which point we did. Drunkenly going via the sandwich kiosk at the taxi rank, where Tim confused them asking for one with no sauce. EKKI SAUCE? yes EKKI SAUCE. This time of night it was very very very cold indeed. We made friends with a Norwegian businessman who was very drunk and got in our cab and went to bed. Again, much later than we had expected. I hope you notice a pattern developing here. Although, I was happy to stay out later! Let that be known! Drinking the same drinks for most of the night (JD and coke) made me less drunker than usual!
Oh and the lady who was DJing in Dillon was a famous radio DJ there... I don't know her name, but the barman called her the Grandmother of Rock. And as we sat next to her, she was awesome and played all our requests where she had them. We also saw some famous people in that bar but didn't realise who they were until Kitty went oh yeah so and so we there last night. I expect it'll be the tattooed blokes the corner. I got some funny looks for my tattoos but nice ones! Like "oooh she has tattoos I wonder who she is" rather than the usual looks of disgust!
That is all for today. I went back to work and people kept on asking me about my trip and for some reason it made me burst into tears everytime, so gradually I stopped answering normally and just made noises and faces to try and explain.
In other news, when the girls came round during Karen's trip away, and then later in the evening the boys after Live Lounge, we were apparently really loud and I checked the mailbox today and we had had a letter in there from the residents thingy or the Board, complaining about the noise. I am not making excuses but their reasoning and wording was a bit much. For starters they added in that 18 months there was a similar complaint, and that had NOTHING to do with me, I wasn't even here then, so I think I am allowed one night of noise. And once I heard the answering machine message I did tell everyone to shut up and chucked people out. Also, I was very drunk. But even when I am drunk I am never as loud as Karen shouting drunkly at Stuart. Hahah.
I was going to to the gym tonight but instead put some things onto Amazon and Ebay to make some cash, and for my dinner I had some carrots and Karen's left over mash potato so I think I can skive off tonight. Plus I am fucking shattered from crying on and off talking about awesome Iceland all day. Hah!
Later in the night, we went out for food at Icelandic Fish and Chips, for gluten free and all organic fish and chips. I had pollack and little roasted potatoes and a home-made lemonade drink. Mmmmm. Then we hit up some bars, but actually got no further than one called Dillon. Sort of a 'rock bar' but looked inside like a chilled quiet pub. As the night went on, it got insanely busy. I got bought a drink, well the guy actually bought Tim and me some drinks. Some drunken Irish bloke off his head wouldn't leave me alone, then his mate got rid of him and bought us some more drinks. The bar man gave us free shots of this stuff called Agwa with like like sherbet, that you lick, like salt with tequila. Well, this stuff is made from the coca leaf, which is what cocaine is made from. We didn't believe him, but when I checked it out later, it made a lot of sense as to why we felt pretty perky afterwards. Boy it was nice. So much nicer than the Black Death we had, although Tim likes that. Although I still bought a bottle in Duty Free with some sexy little shot glasses on the way home. We met loads of people at that Bar , Lilja turned up as well for a bit and many times during the night we told ourselves that we'd go home early so we could get up early to go out of Reykjavik to explore. This happened regularly every fifteen minutes until about 3am when all of a sudden Tim's face changed and he declared that IT WAS TIME TO GO. At which point we did. Drunkenly going via the sandwich kiosk at the taxi rank, where Tim confused them asking for one with no sauce. EKKI SAUCE? yes EKKI SAUCE. This time of night it was very very very cold indeed. We made friends with a Norwegian businessman who was very drunk and got in our cab and went to bed. Again, much later than we had expected. I hope you notice a pattern developing here. Although, I was happy to stay out later! Let that be known! Drinking the same drinks for most of the night (JD and coke) made me less drunker than usual!
Oh and the lady who was DJing in Dillon was a famous radio DJ there... I don't know her name, but the barman called her the Grandmother of Rock. And as we sat next to her, she was awesome and played all our requests where she had them. We also saw some famous people in that bar but didn't realise who they were until Kitty went oh yeah so and so we there last night. I expect it'll be the tattooed blokes the corner. I got some funny looks for my tattoos but nice ones! Like "oooh she has tattoos I wonder who she is" rather than the usual looks of disgust!
That is all for today. I went back to work and people kept on asking me about my trip and for some reason it made me burst into tears everytime, so gradually I stopped answering normally and just made noises and faces to try and explain.
In other news, when the girls came round during Karen's trip away, and then later in the evening the boys after Live Lounge, we were apparently really loud and I checked the mailbox today and we had had a letter in there from the residents thingy or the Board, complaining about the noise. I am not making excuses but their reasoning and wording was a bit much. For starters they added in that 18 months there was a similar complaint, and that had NOTHING to do with me, I wasn't even here then, so I think I am allowed one night of noise. And once I heard the answering machine message I did tell everyone to shut up and chucked people out. Also, I was very drunk. But even when I am drunk I am never as loud as Karen shouting drunkly at Stuart. Hahah.
I was going to to the gym tonight but instead put some things onto Amazon and Ebay to make some cash, and for my dinner I had some carrots and Karen's left over mash potato so I think I can skive off tonight. Plus I am fucking shattered from crying on and off talking about awesome Iceland all day. Hah!









No comments:
Post a Comment