Monday, 24 December 2007

Eastern Promises

Well right now I am watching Eastern Promises. It is bloody fucking fantastic. Mortenson and Cassel are bloody terrific and Naomi Watts does good too, I forgot what a convincing English accent she can do.

I like the little intermittent Russian bits... WHICH I CAN UNDERSTAND! Awesome! But yeah, the film, a very interesting story, which I shan't spoil, but is directed by David Cronenburg. Could possibly be taken as a bit of a stereotypic view... but otherwise great, mixing London that I know well, and Russian culture. In Wikipedia, it mentions about Viggo Mortenson's tattoos:

According to the New York Daily News[4] Viggo Mortensen studied Russian gangsters and the tattoos they wear, and also consulted a documentary on the subject called The Mark of Cain. The tattoos that he wore were, according to the New York Daily News, so real that when he went into a Russian restaurant in London, a Russian couple sitting next to him became very quiet when they saw the tattoos on his hands, but since Mortensen could not speak ten words of Russian the mood of the restaurant changed back to normal.[5] From that day on he washed his tattoos away when he went off the set.
But yes, BLOODY GREAT. And Viggo Mortenson. Pwoar.

No comments: