Thursday, 13 December 2007

I got ratted out...

So I called my Dad today, and he said "Your brother ratted you out!" and then went on to explain that my brother had mentioned my tattoos, and then after presuming that Dad had known, had to go into it all. Haha. Quite funny really. I managed to change the subject with news of my promotion hopefully coming up. He was really super pleased for me. We had a little conversation about what I had I had and he'd groan and then ask why and I'd laugh and said that this is why I didn't want to have this conversation with him, as he'd not really get it. But we laughed about it. I know it is all cool. I think he was worried that I'd do something I regretted or that it would stop me from getting a decent job and things but I already proved him otherwise. Poor Dad. I don't think when he first had me and Olie he thought he'd get two totally different children as to what he expected.

Russian tonight was fun! We slacked off a bit, and it was good for me to have a catch up. We talked about Russian songs and Elena told me that a lot of the Leningrad songs I copied for her onto a disc were full of rude swear words. I did tell her that I thought there would be some swearing and that as a disclaimer I had no idea. Yeah, apparently one song was just all swearing. Whoops!

On the subject of songs, it is awesome being able to listen to Russian radio stations and understand the presenter a bit or listen to songs and think "okay... friends.... love... pen... pen... why are they singing about a pen?" and pick out words and phrases.

My Russian book is getting much more interesting now... sections on things that I can use everyday, like obvious stuff I was learning before, but with more structure, so full days of the week and months rather than just one or two with examples given previously. Much more to get my teeth into.

I am looking forward to my work on Saturday! Gemma wants me to help her do her make-up... I like doing things like that, and I think I do mine nice. I did Beckah and Liz's nicely too... I hope Gemma likes what I do for her... but the pressure is on! I don't want to upset my boss!

She also invited me to hers on Christmas Day, so I will do that now. Screw everyone else haha. It sounds like it will be very awesome too... her, Gracie, Simon and her Mum and her sister and things. I feel a bit bad, but if she says it is okay, then there is no harm I suppose. I don't like to be a burden or feel out of place but apparently the more the merrier! I hope I can find a nice present for them all to take with me to show my gratitude at least.

Tomorrow I go to the cinema and then I dye my hair red. Again again again. Wooo!

No comments: