Sunday, 16 December 2007

Work Christmas party!


Tonight, was my work do... as usual, it was so much fun! I had a ball... я люблю my work. Everyone is so nice. On the table was an orchid for the ladies (I called mine Иван) and the men got Brandy... then there was a raffle... I won ??? pounds worth of British Airways vouchers! I think that was one of the best prizes. I never win anything, so I am pretty chuffed about that, that is for sure. The food was lovely too. I really love working at my firm. It's been a good year, we've got settled after some rough patches and everyone works well together..


More pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cielsuicide/sets/72157603465286346/

My boss invited me to Christmas dinner at hers as well, which I think is really kind of her. I felt a bit bad about going, knew I'd be on my own and insisted, but I know her husband and her family are really nice, so I am looking forward to it.

It has got really cold here, as you'd expect in зема but there is no snow here. I think that is because of the Atlantic океан and the warm currents from the gulf stream.

I went to the cinema on пятница and saw Enchanted. I loved it. It really was fantastic. It made me laugh outloud and it made me cry as well. I am a sucker for films like that. I also cried a bit when Gisele got out the subway at Bowery station, which is pretty much my home in NY. And then, they filmed in Katz delicatessen!

I have taken to listening to Русские radio stations online, which helps me a great deal because I learn much better hearing things and remembering them. I was like this with musical instruments and I am with languages. Not so good on paper with grammar but I am with languages generally.... Е understand a lot. The radio stations are great... the pop songs are so much fun. On the subject of songs, it is awesome being able to listen to Russian radio stations and understand the presenter a bit or listen to songs and think "okay... friends.... love... pen... pen... why are they singing about a pen?" and pick out words and phrases.

My Russian book is getting much more interesting now... sections on things that I can use everyday, like obvious stuff I was learning before, but with more structure, so full days of the week and months rather than just one or two with examples given previously. Much more to get my teeth into.

Also... my dad gave me £400 for Christmas! I fell off my chair!

No comments: