Saturday, 6 December 2008

Garibaldi

Lordy I have just eaten pretty much a whole packet of garibaldi biscuits to myself. I swear I have a problem that needs addressing!! I love biscuits and cake far too much! The only thing worth mentioning that I ate today in terms of healthiness is some pineapple... eeek!

Was supposed to be at my work do tonight, a little bit bummed I didn't go, but in the end I thought it best. I had a babysitter arranged, but nothing to wear. It was a big deal in terms of dressing up, and I have ONE dress, but I've worn it like 2 years running and it'd be embaressing to wear it yet again. Loads of people say to go just go as I was, as they all wanted to see me, but realistically I would have felt like a twat in jeans and a t shirt. Kaye said that I should just put on a nice top. Thats the problem Kaye, I do not own a 'nice top' anymore haha. Tara, Louise and Rachel offered to babysit and I feel bad for messing them about as they were lokoing forward to it, but what with nothing to wear, and it being so difficult to get round town to look and try stuff on, together with my confidence dented physically since I had the baby AND the fact that Adelaide's colic could have made for a shitty night for those looking after her (although in actual fact, so far tonight the hours they would have had her, she has been okay). Also, the money spent on an outfit and a cab and a gift for the lesbian babysitters would really be better off spent elsewhere, especially with me going away to America and to my Dad's and the money that I need to spend on that fucking hire car. That is another story. The logistical nightmare that is staying at my Dad's house. And the cost of hiring a car and not being able to drop it off where you want, when you bloody want! Grrr! But yes, the money I can spend on other stuff, and if I want a night out, I can do it another time, like as Patrick suggested, we can get his family to sit Addie whilst we go out and paint the town red and I can get drunk extremely quickly!!! If I get a car when we are going to be able to go out, and I can show him around, maybe take him to the village where I grew up, take him to my Mum's grave that kinda thing. We can go daytime bowling as a family and even just pop to the supermarket. I'll have freedom and independance! Hooray, shame that freedom and independance costs a fucking fortune though.

No comments: