skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Updating... I'm getting married!
- So THREE weeks later here I am... updating again very lazily. Unfortunately when I am busy having fun I forget the important stuff needs blogging.
- So here is the news brief and bullet pointed:
- Went back to NH
- Had my sleeve worked on and finally its looking so much better, thanks Dylan!
- Adelaide has two front teeth! Her bottom middle ones made an appearance today and yesterday
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Patrick proposed to me on April Fools day. He was going to wait a few days when we were out in Rochester and get it tattooed on him, until I unwittingly told him about how my friends Natalie and Bobby had done something similar. We were instead out in Portsmouth driving around NH and Maine when we stopped and took a stroll on a wharf. It was freezing, starting to rain and Adelaide was really grouchy and as he did it he said "this was not how I imagined it would be!"
- We are hoping for a Vegas wedding. I would LOVE a really understated Whirling Turban vintage style dress, like this one, least on the top half, but obviously not the colour:

- I have a beautiful ring which has been in his family for alsorts of generations passed down on his mum's mum's side. It's gold with what we think to be a ruby and is inscribed on the inside with a personal message from his great (great?) grandparents and dated 1920. I should technically be revising for my last diploma paper on July 31st but nevermind. I will look at it shortly I swear.
- I love Patrick so much I feel like if I don't shout it out every so often I'll burst. I'm so happy.
- Adelaide is getting so big now. If you are my friend on Flickr you can see some pictures, just click the link on the left!
- Work is okay, my heart isn't in it anymore.
- Mai has her citizenship test soon, as her visa thingy is up. It's fucking crazy the stupid questions she has to answer... we, my family, all British born domiciled residents were reading through them last night and NONE of us knew some of the answers, its retarded. Also, what relevence is it exactly knowing some extremely random questions about Welsh greetings and customs if you aren't Welsh, have never been nor have any interest in going to Wales? Some of the questions I see the point of, like some of the Parliament ones, but lets be honest, they don't teach that shit to kids in school now, so if the 'locals' don't know it, how is it exactly fair to ask those wanting to come here? It's just so stupid to me. The scary thing is, that Olie says if she fails it, she has to go home, with no appeal... despite having a life here, a husband and a valid job etc and isn't claiming benefits or doing anyone any harm. Makes me so mad!
2 comments:
Oh my God congratulations... that is awesome amazing news! Love the frock as well, tres chic. xx
Yay, yay, yay. I'm obsessed with the vicarious pleasure of weddings!
*sheds a little spinster tear of joy*
Post a Comment