Thursday, 13 August 2009

The last few days

The last few days, I have:
  • Done a lot of cleaning in my Dad's house whilst he is on holiday in Cyprus.
  • Answered the phone to a lot of rude sales, so called courtesy and spam phone calls. Grrr. Don't get me started.
  • Seen Ria! Yay! She stayed over and hung out we had fish and chips and went for a jaunt to Saffron Walden and have a mosey round the shops and (I) got stared at by the snooty locals. We had a wander round the church and that was lovely!
  • Went for numerous walks round Sawston, and finally got registered at the doctors.
  • Got the forms from the American Embassy for Adelaide's birth registration and US passport. Ideally if Patrick can sort himself out I can get this turned around before our next visit, so I don't get barked at by Immigration Officials for her (with Dual Citizenship) travelling on her British passport (a BIG no-no).
  • Seen Fleur! Yay! She came up today and she finally met Addie. It was lovely. We hung out, caught up, had some tea, went for a little jaunt to take some pictures of her mounting a tank outside Duxford (haha!) and then we went for a little brief stroll to Audley End House which was beautiful, but we got there late and the guy was a bit of a dick about letting us into the grounds an hour before it closed, at full price... no thanks. So we wandered about the free bit (the outer grounds) and I took some pictures of Fleur on the strange roman thing they have on the grounds. Addie is so photogenic. I know I am biased, but yeah. Fleur took some pictures and when I have a link to them, be amazed!!!!!! (Fleur is lovely too, but you all know this!) We also had fish and chips. Feel a bit fat and sick now ahaha!
  • Ragged Rascals. Oh my god. I took Addie this morning!! She loved it! It was amazing. I felt a bit bas as she was climbing on all the other babies and going after toys galore but she was so excited! She didn't know what to do or play with first. She was practically hyperventilating when we arrived and she saw everything!! I'm so glad we went as it broke up the day nicely and I feel bad for Addie as we don't know any babies here and I don't have any new nice toys here, and I think shes a bit bored of her old ones. Saying that, she only really wanted toys cos the other babies had them. She didn't play with them as such haha! But she LOVED the giant spongey shapes and the tunnels and the ball park. Not sure about the bouncy castle though... in time! Think I'll have to get her a tunnel at some point... Lots of the other babies there were Addie's age thereabouts, and they weren't even crawling, let alone cruising and standing unaided. Some of them had no teeth and were barely sitting up on their own. They were shocked when they found out how old she was. There is nothing wrong with it, either way, but I forget how advanced she is as I am used to her being around Erin, who is equally as advanced and a whole month older.
Tomorrow Pearl and Natalie are coming to visit! I cannot wait! Natalie is a good friend from SG days, and I went to hers and Bobby's wedding, but I moved, they moved when Bob got his job with Phil Kyle, so I haven't seen them since they got married. I cannot wait to see Natalie and Pearl. It is going to be amazing. I think maybe we'll go to Linton Zoo. It isn't that far away... and it is cheaper than Duxford. I hope the weather is good...

No comments: