Monday, 10 August 2009

Sawston

So basically, here I am. In Sawston at my Dad's. Saturday was a bloody blur. I had a lovely tea with Gemma, Karin and Joan (with Addie, Grace and Honor) at St Peter's Garden Centre. Due to over running and some traffic diversions, we got to check in with apparently 3 minutes to spare. THEN the dick at the desk was an utter cock. Clearly I was not coming back to Jersey and was travelling with a baby on my own. He tried to charge me £87 for my luggage being overweight. He said that the car seat and stroller were not seperate from the set luggage allowance, which I might add the have lowered without telling me, and he tried to guess the weight of the stroller and seat at 5kg together. I said to Karin could she take the stroller and take it to a charity shop, but I had to take the car seat for safety and legal purposes obviously but I couldn't reduce my case. The man at the desk offered to lower it to £45 and then Karin kindly offered to pay for it for me. She pulled out her card but the man said with a card the payment would be more (dick dick dick) but she didn't have enough cash so I chipped in £20. What cocks. Then I rushed through security, missing Joan and Gemma who wanted to come and wave me off by seconds by all accounts, got held up because they were being so slow and nit picky about my camera working and wanting to see it on, testing this and that on my phone, sampling the milk for Addie, my buckle on my belt etc and got annoyed when I tried to HELP THEM by giving the man in front of me a tray and get me one, so I could start the labourious task of pealing off layers and removing bags of fluids etc from my person. Dicks. So I rushed to my gate as the plane was apparently boarding. Well the fucking thing hadn't arrived yet! Typical. We sat in there fore about 20 mins, boiling. The flight was okay, Addie slept snuggled on me, I was tired too. The plane was a shitty old thing, too crappy for even Aeroflot I think. Stansted same old, but much busier. I waited for Dad but the local staff there got it wrong and sent him to domestic arrivals when in actual fact we came through international. He greeted me in a cowboy hat, pink poloneck t shirt and a leather waist coat and jeans haha! Addie was pleased to see him.

Got home, it was boiling. Had a quicky tidy up, whilst Addie was with Dad and crawling around. She wasn't herself and still isn't. I hope she is just insettled, or still a bit virused... because she will not let me go out of her sight, let alone put her down. It has been excruciating the last few days I swear. I hope she gets over it all soon! Will update again tomorrow with more news when I have a chance... Yay! Ria is coming tomorrow!

No comments: