Friday, 7 August 2009

Tomorrow!

Well this week has been a massive dramarama! Addie got poorly and is currently in the last stages of German Measles! Booo! Before you ask no she hasn't had her MMR, this is because she isn't due to have it for another 3/4 months. She is okay to travel tomorrow though, hooray! I just have to keep her away from people until then. Also, this meant that I had to be off work, which meant less money for me and money wasted with the childminder. So I am down a considerable amount, but it meant I had some time with Addie (although she's slept a lot of it) and actually I managed to get a lot of things done for my move! Hooray! I think I should be okay... but never say never. Bit annoyed I didn't get to finish the week or say goodbye to everyone properly at work, I don't really like goodbyes but I am actually a little annoyed it was taken out of my hands. The doctor and the infectious control people said that she wasn't even that bad but to be on the safe side etc etc etc. She said she would have been infectious all of last week and that her rash wasn't that bad and looked like it was on its way out. I got a little worried when her temperature was 102.2 F but by the time I got to the doctors on Tuesday morning I had it under control with Calpol and baby Nurofen. Go me for not panicking!

Finally spoke with the US Embassy regarding Adelaides passport. They are sending me forms for Addie. I would NOT like to get any more hassle from them when I go to visit patrick next. They always tell me off for not having a US passport for her, but we didn't have a clue as to how we were supposed to obtain one! Madness. But maybe now if we can get it sorted in time I won't get shouted at. We'll see though. Post office time!

No comments: