I do have to get my UK doctor to fax him over a "yes I had Mumps in 1987" when I get it. I actually had to phone them at bumfuck o'clock this morning, as of course we are now 5 hours behind the UK and the women I needed to talk to only worked 9 - 3. I didn't actually know this until Tuesday, even though I called on Monday, because I had literally just missed her by say 10 minutes on Tuesday. Damn it. So anyway, I spoke with her this morning, and she was rather hoity toity saying that apparently my old Dr (most likely slightly mental Brookbanks!) had just scribbled "woke up with mumps" and that was it. I know its a viral thing and they'd not be able to do anything anyway, but I am guessing it is something that would have needed to have been reported because it is one of those infectious type things, and the government monitor the numbers. So yes, the snooty receptionist was a bit shitty saying that it was in the doctors pigeon hole and they would get to it whenever they could, however there would be a charge of around $30 (but in GBP obviously) and it would take upto 2 weeks. I did explain that I needed it ASAP and asked if it would be faxed could they get to it quicker, but alas no. Oh well. I was stressing about it, and decided that if it came to it, I'd just have to have an MMR shot (despite being vaccinated for measles and rubella already) regardless of the possible health problems that might cause me! Speaking of which, my rubella arm is still hurting!
On the way home Patrick and I swung by, on a whim, the local IRS office, which is stashed away behind Bertucci's near us. Patrick managed to get his IRS transcripts for 2006 and 2007, which he was needing to complete the last form, which proves he can support us. I hope it can anyway... So we are nearly nearly all done! One last bit of photocopying and then its off to the lawyers and we can relax a bit.
In preparation for Thanksgiving on the way home we stopped off to New England Country Pies right near the house, which if we are honest all thought was a front for the mafia, but it turns out, it is actually a normal pie shop, with normal people inside! For ages we dove past and the car park was either empty, or full of suspiciously expensive cars, and there were always lorries/trucks unloading in the middle of the night. Hmmmm. Anywhooo, we bought 3 pies for $25! Boston cream pie (favourite!), custard pie and a banana cream pie!!!
And I just made cinnamon swirl muffins...









1 comment:
Those muffins look Nom-tastic!
Post a Comment