Saturday, 14 November 2009

Friday the 13th tattoo fun!

So we had a great day out today. We head out to Portsmouth on the seacoast in NH (which really is a lovely part of the State if you can ever get to go!) and had a fun day! Patrick and I finally got our wedding tattoos, pictures to follow once they have healed. They were done by Robert "Bink" Ryan who Patrick has gotten some work by him previously. We both got matching ones: a traditional style anatomical heart with a banner with the date we got married (9-19-09 in American format! I should have gotten English! Hah!) and then a really cool flower sprouting out of it, which is really true to Bink's style. I opted for a leg spot, and Patrick went for a lovely spot on his right ribs, next to the skull piece that Marcus did. Bink is a proper lovely bloke. I think in the car on the way home I used the term gentlemen to describe him, because, well he is. Such a lovely gentle calm man.

So anyway, this was at the new shop Jason Scott has, not Hobos, but the other one, on the main street. For the 13th they did a tattoo special at both shops too... any one of their special 13 flash for just $31 dollars. Which was awesome. Also, if you got one you could get a special t-shirt for $9. So We took it in turns to get our wedding tattoos (not part of the $31 deal) and alternate looking after Addie, and then I went back for a 13th tattoo from Tony "Fat Tony" Sellers (although he really isn't that fat at all!) Adelaide had a great time hamming it up in the shop, picking out flash on the wall and making faces at everyone. You should definitely check out Hobos and the new shop at Congress Street. Everyone is so lovely. Adelaide also made friends with (the apparently well known but not to dumb old British me) Lenny Lashley of Darkbuster she thought he was hilarious, apparently exchanging faces and fun in The Friendly Toast as well as the tattoo shop.

So anyway my 13th tattoo (edited to add: I have more than 13 tattoos! I meant my Friday the 13th tattoo) is a ladies leg with a 13 garter. Pretty funny although its just floating on my leg filling a space much bigger than it, so I really need the next Friday 13th to roll around so I can get another one! (There is only one next year and none in 2011 apparently...)

We walked around Portsmouth a bit, and then came home, with a $10 parking ticket for not moving the car after our max 2 hour spot (not bad for a parking fine when you think about what you'd get hit with at home...) and then we saw the most amazing sunset on the drive home. Lovely.

Tomorrow we are bound for Albany, to visit with friends and to go to Willa's 1st birthday party. We got her presents all ready and wrapped. I hope Pat's tattoo feels okay for the drive tomorrow....


Pictures of tattoos to follow!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Ooh 13th tattoos, wicked super cool! Cant wait to see your wedding ones, that's such a good idea. With all the pregnancies (the couple miscarriages and then Pearl) I havent been properly tattooed since just after our wedding. The first thing I got was this pizza slice. I should've made Bobby do a 13th tattoo on me!