A word of warning, this blog is almost photo heavy. However, you can see the special set I created on Flickr if you are THAT bothered, here, courtesy of a Flickr guest pass.
January
Was my first time to New Hampshire. Weird to think that I would almost start and finish this year here. I saw a lot of snow. I had seen a lot of snow in Iceland, but somehow this seemed more, I don't quite know how. Got tattooed late Jan/early Feb by Josh at Redemption in Boston. Saw my friend's daughter puke on/in her face.
January
Was my first time to New Hampshire. Weird to think that I would almost start and finish this year here. I saw a lot of snow. I had seen a lot of snow in Iceland, but somehow this seemed more, I don't quite know how. Got tattooed late Jan/early Feb by Josh at Redemption in Boston. Saw my friend's daughter puke on/in her face.

February
Not much happened really, just carried on living in Jersey, being a single mother/primary care giver in my shitty bedsit, working. I went back to work after a short maternity leave and initially found it very hard, feeling like I didn't spend any time with Addie, because I didn't. I wish I had made the most of it because now I AM WITH HER ALL THE FUCKING TIME!!!

March
Addie pooped in the bath. Got a new passport picture, which is hideous, shame as my last one was ace. Got new glasses. Addie popped out teeth like they were going out of fashion from April onwards. Back to America at the end of the month for a short visit, for both mine and Patrick's birthday. Also I got tattooed at Hobo's in Portsmouth by the lovely Jason Scott. I had a King Kone and it melted al over me in seconds.

April
Visiting with my Dad. Hi girlfriend Sue came for dinner and my brother and his wife Mai came up for the weekend.

My engagement ring. Patrick proposed to me by the river/sea at Portsmouth, on the 1st of April. I completely forgot it was April Fools and immediately texted my friends at home and most of them thought I was pranking them!

May
Addie developed a love of Billy Idol's "White Wedding" and would sprint crawl across the room to get my phone, or to a speaker playing it. I worked like a dog and poured my money into childcare, much like February. Ho Hum. Got sucked into Big Brother on Channel 4.

June
Worked. Got sucked into Big Brother on Channel 4. Back to NH for a little visit. Got tattooed. Came home and made decision to leave Jersey after realising that it was either now or never to leave the island because it eats your money, and if Patrick and I were to make a live together somehow, I should atleast regroup to my Dad's in the UK initially. Weather was hot as BALLS.

July
Back in Jersey, worked a bunch. Addie started sleeping through the night, but I was obviously not ready for this and SLEPT WALKED WITH BABY IN ARMS FIVE NIGHTS IN ROW, got frightened and slept on couch until stopped doing it. Took exam at Highlands, bunked off the study and promptly failed it miserably but was too busy selling and dumping stuff in preparation to leave Jersey. SPent most of month being IBS'y.
August / September (no photos for September)
Addie got German Measles JUST before we were due to leave Jersey and I ended up missing the last week of work to look after her, but she was fine and we were okay to fly thank fuck. Tried my hardest to get Addie a US passport BEFORE our visit in September. This failed at my first hurdle, trying to get Patrick to fill out some forms and return them to me notarised ASAP, so it never got done. Leaving Jersey they tried to charge me £100 for my luggage, Addie's car seat and her small stroller. CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF WHY I WANT TO LEAVE JERSEY AND THEIR MONEY GRABBING BALLS. Was great to see my Dad again. Him and Addie are so cute together. Took Addie to a soft playgroup and she roughed up some older kids. Hung out with my bestest and nearest and dearest. It was even more as hot as balls in Cambridgeshire. I thought I was going to melt. GOT ATTACKED BY A LOT OF WASPS. FUCKING HATE WASPS.





September 3 Addie and I flew out to NH, with Nikki for a holiday. Got 3rd degree from Immigration, who basically implied that we'd not be allowed in on our next visit. Labor Day party in NH. Nikki got tattooed. I got tattooed.
Feel free to look at my other Flickr pictures. You'll see I had quite a fun interesting life before I had Addie, I actually got to travel to places that weren't NH haha!
The rest tomorrow!








1 comment:
The picture of Addie sleeping is the best picture I've ever seen, probably :) Haha, it made me laugh. There is nothing cuter than sweet little baby chubbins. Bless her sleepy little heart! I hope you have that framed somewhere!
Post a Comment