Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Breaking news!

I broke my mother in law's sewing machine. Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaap! I was redoing the bobbin, loaded it up fine and threaded the machine to go, but now when I press the peddle I can hear the motor going, but nothing is moving. I checked that I took the clutch off etc, yet still it will not move the needle, or even thread another bobbin. Maybe I broke it when I did the last one. Uh oh. If anyone knows anything about Singer machines, specifically model 9018, please let me know. I feel terrible and I can't afford to buy her a new one :S

And finally, lighter news, watching my daughter eat couscous is hilarious.

1 comment:

Fawn and Flower said...

The machine I use the most is a Bernina, but I have similar trouble all the time, mostly when I'm overestimating the poor thing's power and trying to take on a weird fabric or too many layers. When you open the bobbin door, pull the latch back and remove that crazy scythe-looking thing that holds the bobbin in. There's probably just a knot back there :) If you're really having trouble though, most Singer shops can give you pretty good advice over the phone. 1-800-4-SINGER, M-F 8-4.