Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Silly things my husband says part 1

Without going into the details as to how we came around to it, my husband said something really silly last night. It was at that point I wondered if he, like other men, really truly understood women at all. Basically (TMI alert!) I am finishing up with my period and I basically smell like a bag of pennies until I am all done. My husband and I were talking about this and at one point he says to me "so do you have a period every month?"

Pardon? Really? Well.... yes... aren't we as women generally expected to have atleast one a month (give or take) . Doesn't everyone have to learn this sort of thing at school at some point and haven't you lived with a ton of girls at some point? Maybe I misheard his tone and he meant to me do I specifically have a period every month? We did go into the ins and outs of the average length of a menstrual cycle and how it is possible to have more than one a month if your cycle is short. Anywhoo for that tender moment in bed I lay there mid cuddle just thinking "awwww bless".

In other news, I am finally sorting out the BACK patchwork for my (badly mad) quilt! Yay! Almost there. AND Adelaide cut a canine. I was thinking earlier today that she only had 3 more teeth and we'd be good for a while. But no, because Patrick reminded me that she then needs to get some molars in still. Because that is why pre-molars are called pre-molars. That was my stupid moment haha.

She also has a BLACK EYE. This was nothing to do with me! But she should quit talkin' back. Jus' sayin'. No really, she fell over yesterday morning and splatted her face on the wooden cabinet that houses the cable box and ton of her toys. She also can climb UP the couch and down over the back. I swear to god she will have me chasing her down the street given the chance.

Made some more of this today (but with raisins as opposed to sultanas):

Jack Daniels banana bread by you.

No comments: