Monday, 21 December 2009

Christmas presents

So we weren't getting Christmas presents or doing Christmas so much here, but I ended up getting presents regardless... the presents for my Dad were from Amazon.co.uk...

He got:
Gran Torino on DVD - which I think he will enjoy
Greatest Lies in History
Mao: The Unknown Story

He is a big history reader and I kept meaning to get him that Mao book for ages!

I used the rest of my Christmas money to get a new DVD player for Patrick's folks, as the one in the house broke and they are now DVD-less. I wonder if it might end up in the basement though now the TV is all up on the wall mount...

I also specifically picked up some bits for Rusty, Patrick's mum, who has a whole host of medical ailments. I never even heard of fibromyalgia until I came here, but she seems to be suffering pretty badly recently. Anyway, these bits are:
The Fibromyalgia Cookbook: More Than 120 Easy and Delicious Recipes
Food that Helps Win the Battle Against Fibromyalgia: Ease Everyday Pain and Fight Fatigue

Shannon I had already got a cardie thing from Miss Selfridges before I moved, together with a pair of blue agate or sodalite plugs. Patrick also got her a little Kidrobot figure and a $25 gift card.

I got Patrick some bits too, I was going to get him a gift card for Redemption in Boston... but I had some hassles with my bank card and I couldn't figure out how I could get down there physically to buy it, so instead I bought him some bits. Maybe I could still do it though via Paypal, but it'll be a bit late. So to unwrap he has got:
2 Lego Star Wars key rings (Boba Fett and Chewbacca)
Zombie Factory: 27 Tales of Bizarre Comix Madness from Beyond the Tomb
Metalocalypse - Season One
Dethalbum II Deluxe Version (CD + DVD)
Metalocalypse - Season 2


Addie is getting some cool bits from me and Patrick!
She is getting a Little Tikes slide/climbing thing, some wooden blocks and a sorta little play farm toy set thing. My Dad sent me some money to get her some bits, so she got some clothes, some MORE Duplo, some books. She will do very well this Christmas... we wanted to get her some bristle blocks/stickle bricks but I couldn't find the set I wanted to get her (it was the cheaper one haha) as it is now sold out! darn it!

That is all my money gone. But it was worth it. If I cannot treat the special people in my life, then who can I treat? After all, I am living rent free at Patrick's parent's house until this visa stuff sorts itself out.

1 comment:

Little Ms Blogger said...

I think Christmas is a time to be reckless. You have the rest of the year to be careful.