Tuesday, 29 December 2009

Monday

Well the fall out from Christmas is still going on... still eating the candy and my British treats! Patrick stayed home from work today as he was feeling under the weather. I let him sleep this morning, and Addie and I hung out downstairs, and then when she had her nap, I went up for a cuddle too. Turns out that we all woke up nearly 3 hours later at 1.55pm! Oops!

We hung out during the day, watching tv. After it got dark I went to the gym again with Kristina (went yesterday) and left Patrick curdled up on the sofa watching Romancing the Stone, which I love but Patrick actually agreed with me! He must be poorly!

Addie is all tucked up, and we are back in the basement internetting and playing Mafia Wars, watching Futurama etc. The usual. Tomorrow I am going to make some banana bread and hit up the gym again, if I feeling brave enough to drive. It snowed earlier today and then got really cold so basically the roads are a giant ice rink and I couldn't even shovel the teeny amount of ice on the deck. So we'll see. I finally finished my darn scarf, which is good news for me. It took so long because I got distracted and had to get more wool. I nearly didn't finish... I ran out of wool about 6 inches short of binding off the last few stitches and had to improvise, taking the scraps from where I started and where I had to add in extra balls of wool 2 thirds into the scarf. I hope it holds up okay though... we'll see. I need to weave in ends tomorrow, and then it is back to my epic quilt. Patrick is going back to work tomorrow. We miss him, more so when we know he just wants to be home with his girls.

3 comments:

It's just a Monday said...

Your day sounds pretty good to me.

Banana bread is just too good!

Great blog, glad I found it :)

Fawn and Flower said...

Ooh, what treats did you get?
I want to see your scarf! I think that crocheting and knitting are the only things I'm never going to figure out.

Alex said...

Thanks Penny, I just had a look at yours... very swish! I shall keep reading :)

Well Miss Whispererererrrrrrrr I got:
1. treat sized bag of malteasers (gone already)
2. packet of hobnobs (no chocolate) (started)
3. packet of rich tea
4. 2 bars of cadburys caramel (gone)
5. 2 wispas (one gone!)
6. jar of lemon curd (for me baking)

Adelaide got a packet of reduced sugar rusks, a milky bar and some giant chocolate buttons as well. I am resisting the urge to eat the buttons.

My scarf isn't very exciting, its just more practical at the moment. I don't know how to crochet either. I'd like to learn to do that, so I could make some fun little things to then sew onto one of the ends of the scarf, because right now, it doesn't even have any tassles I am that short on wool!