Hello ladies and gents. It is snowing here today a little bit. I had lots of grand plans to go and do many things this morning, but instead I slept in because last night the latest victim of my daughter's growth spurt was my poor spine. I must have twisted funny, who knows, because now I am in random sharp stabbing pain agony. I would go on, but I can't be bothered and frankly I have had my fair share of back drama as when I was 18 I ended up having a horrid operation on it.
Anywhoo we ended up having a lazy day. I made some plain biscuits, perfect for tea, and Adelaide took some faceplants onto her bristle blocks/stickle bricks and bit her lip and now looks like she has been in a fight, so we avoided going out in case I got accosted as some child beater.
Yesterday our (mine and Addie's) medical insurance cards came today. Wow, I feel so special and one step to normality. We are no longer one of the billions and billions of Americans that don't have health insurance, thanks to my husbands work. Speaking of which, he is out for the night working on a side project with his friend Nate. Something geekery and internetlike, but I am sworn to secrecy about it. Not that I know anything mind you.
Think Addie is coming down with this monstrous cold that my in-laws have had/getting over. So I dosed her up with some good old Calpol before her nap to help with the slight temperature and snot she is accumulating.
I actually promised Patrick I would make him a Battenburg cake as he saw a recipe I was reading (to look to send to Coralene) and immediately started making foodgasm noises, but he is out now, so I can put it off for a night or two.
Been in a little funk recently. Think it is partly the weather, and maybe a bit of homesickness. If you hadn't noticed from the millions of buttons down the side and my rantings on here that I am technically an ex-pat. I am glad we have the internet now as I have had a lot of fun and reassurance reading other experiences on some ex-pat forums. The best one, I think anyway, is Expat Women. Because, well, duh, I am a women. The site itself has actually been about for nearly 3 years now. I read on the site that they are actually 3 years old on the 16th January. So tonight, for a little pick me up, I will be lurking through blogs and entries posted on there, just to know that I am not alone. Well I will be alone, because my husband is out for the night, but I won't really be, because thanks to Expat Women I know that a ton of other ladies have been through exactly what I am experiencing. Also, it is about time I get my CV sorted for when I get my EAD and can work. Gotta yankify it a bit methinks. So, again to the oracle that is Expat Women! Thanks again and Happy 3rd Birthday Expat Women. Please keep me sane for years to come!
Edited to add because someone emailed me and asked... No its not just for UK to US ex-pats, its for every women!
From their own blurb: ExpatWomen.com is a comprehensive, global website helping women living overseas. The site displays 1,000+ content pages, 1,000+ expat women blogs, 200+ readers' stories, invaluable country resource pages, interviews with successful expat women, loads of motivational articles and newsletter.
Anywhoo we ended up having a lazy day. I made some plain biscuits, perfect for tea, and Adelaide took some faceplants onto her bristle blocks/stickle bricks and bit her lip and now looks like she has been in a fight, so we avoided going out in case I got accosted as some child beater.
Yesterday our (mine and Addie's) medical insurance cards came today. Wow, I feel so special and one step to normality. We are no longer one of the billions and billions of Americans that don't have health insurance, thanks to my husbands work. Speaking of which, he is out for the night working on a side project with his friend Nate. Something geekery and internetlike, but I am sworn to secrecy about it. Not that I know anything mind you.
Think Addie is coming down with this monstrous cold that my in-laws have had/getting over. So I dosed her up with some good old Calpol before her nap to help with the slight temperature and snot she is accumulating.
I actually promised Patrick I would make him a Battenburg cake as he saw a recipe I was reading (to look to send to Coralene) and immediately started making foodgasm noises, but he is out now, so I can put it off for a night or two.
Been in a little funk recently. Think it is partly the weather, and maybe a bit of homesickness. If you hadn't noticed from the millions of buttons down the side and my rantings on here that I am technically an ex-pat. I am glad we have the internet now as I have had a lot of fun and reassurance reading other experiences on some ex-pat forums. The best one, I think anyway, is Expat Women. Because, well, duh, I am a women. The site itself has actually been about for nearly 3 years now. I read on the site that they are actually 3 years old on the 16th January. So tonight, for a little pick me up, I will be lurking through blogs and entries posted on there, just to know that I am not alone. Well I will be alone, because my husband is out for the night, but I won't really be, because thanks to Expat Women I know that a ton of other ladies have been through exactly what I am experiencing. Also, it is about time I get my CV sorted for when I get my EAD and can work. Gotta yankify it a bit methinks. So, again to the oracle that is Expat Women! Thanks again and Happy 3rd Birthday Expat Women. Please keep me sane for years to come!
Edited to add because someone emailed me and asked... No its not just for UK to US ex-pats, its for every women!
From their own blurb: ExpatWomen.com is a comprehensive, global website helping women living overseas. The site displays 1,000+ content pages, 1,000+ expat women blogs, 200+ readers' stories, invaluable country resource pages, interviews with successful expat women, loads of motivational articles and newsletter.








3 comments:
Poor sick Addie :( This winter has suuuucked for health! I feel like Priscilla has hardly been WELL. Hope she feels better soon.
Ooh, and I'm not trying the cake until you do it, even though you have before, haha. You should do a little tutorial!
I'll try not to make you any more homesick by talking about British snow and such like!
Know the child neglector feeling - I panic every time we go out and Scarlett has a dirty face!
Aw your poor little wee one :( I hope she doesnt feel so bad and the lip doesnt look bad! I hate it when my little one falls on her face and marks it. I feel so bad!!
Sorry to hear you are a little homesick. I can only imagine how you feel as I get homesick and I'm only 2hrs drive away! But, you are in US = a lucky lady!!
♥
Post a Comment