Sunday, 3 January 2010

3rd January 2010

So thanks to Coralene, I am not looking at Dala horses on Ebay and watching Dala mugs. Damn you women! When Patrick and I FINALLY have our own place I can't wait to fill it with stuff and things like that. God I am a broken record.

So in less than 2 weeks now I have my biometrics appointment, so that the USCIS can do their stuff and secret things which I imagine to be all FBI like, looking me up on databases to see if I am worthy. And then we have our interview. I wonder what questions they will ask me? If you want to be all secret squirrel, you can ask me some questions like they would.

"When and where did you meet your spouse?"
Well. Like so many long distancey relationships, there was some internet networking involved. But I am old fashioned and still think that is lamesauce when people say that, so I still maintain the mutual friends aspect, because we did have mutual friends, lots infact, that were IRL. We were talking online for a while, because several people we both knew were always saying "oh you should meet Patrick, he would love you" etc. When I was out in SF visiting with friends I managed to get him to come out to visit for a few days. We we talking pretty regularly before then though, daily and skyping and stuff, so it didn't take much to persuade him to come visit haha. I was so nervous. I think he initially thought I was a mentalist or something.

"
When and where did you get married? How did you and your spouse get to the church, courthouse, etc.?"
We were married by a JP, who happened to be a friends mum. It was a funny day, because it was so casual and relaxed and nice. It was low key and intimate, just me and Patrick and Adam's Mum and Dad, and Adam. When we came home Patrick's family were there with champagne (and Adelaide!) We will do something for both families when we have the money hopefully later this year. I wish my Dad could have been there to give me away, but alas, he wasn't, but otherwise, Patrick was awesome and asked permission before he asked me to marry him on April Fools' Day! My ring was my Mum's wedding ring, which my Dad gave Patrick. It needed to be bashed a little to make half a size bigger. Patrick got one from Walmart! Haha!

"
Where is the garbage kept in the kitchen?"
In the compactor thing in the kitchen under the island. I think I am supposed to put the scraps in the waste disposal in the sink, but I keep forgetting. No one recycles here in the house it makes me and Patrick very sad.

"
Where do you work? What days of the week do you work?"
I don't work yet, I am not allowed. I look after Adelaide though. That is kind of a job.

"
Does your spouse drink coffee? If so, does he or she use cream and/or sugar?"
Yes Patrick likes Dunkin' Donuts coffee. Skimmed milk, and I think 2 Splenda, or equiv. He doesn't like to drink caffeine too late in the day otherwise he can't sleep.

And so on.....


Last night we went to a friends housewarming of sorts. I was 'made' to do a mind eraser shot, which was horrid horrid. I don't really like to drink so much anymore, so I was initially angry that I did it, and then I was in absolute agony with heartburn haha. What a lightweight I am. We had a great time though. more snow last night. MOOOOOOORE SNOWWWWWW. The (I think stray) black cat was back last night, we ended up all feeding it at different times, and made a little bed for it on the porch, with a box and blankets and covered it in plastic so it would keep dry. We can't get it to come in, although Patrick and Sam both think that cat is playing us for a fool. But I said, if it is a feral stray, of course it will be fat at this time of year, it has to be, otherwise it'd freeze the poor thing!

2 comments:

Sam said...

eee super cute mug! I hope you win it! x

Fawn and Flower said...

Ooh, Dala mugs? Glorious! When you finally get your house I will come clop-clopping down your street on an enormous Dala horse, haha.

Those questions are so silly. Like you're going to drop into a panic because you don't know how he takes his coffee... I can't believe you even do! I have no idea how my husband takes his coffee. In fact, come to think of it, I don't even know if he LIKES coffee! Hm.