Saturday, 2 January 2010

January 1st

Hello everyone! I hope you had a suitably happy Hogmanay? Patrick, Adelaide and I went to our friends Sharon and Tim (and their 2 year old Maya) house up in Deerfield, middle'o'nowhere, NH, braving yet more snow! We had a nice evening, letting the girls play together. Sharon is expecting another one in July, so we talked over baby names and had pizza. They didn't last past 10pm, so Patrick and I watched stuff on my laptop and missed the big event and didn't realise it was a new year until after 12.30am when Addie woke up and needed a feed. Oh Well! That is pretty rock and roll haha. We did the same last year, just in the UK at my Dad's house (although we had sex in our room as everyone was out and the baby was asleep and I felt like a naughty teenager for doing so!)

I don't make new years resolutions for a number of reasons, many because it is stupid. Really, if you want to do something, and it is that important and life changing, like stopping smoking or something like that, then seriously.... just do it. I have noticed (not around here and my friends' blogs) a lot of woe is me talk. I know 2009 has sucked for a lot of people, and for those of you that have, I hope 2010 improves for you, but really you are the ones that have to make that happen for yourselves. If you really want something, go out and get it. Strive to achieve all that you can. Yes life can deal you a shit hand, but there is always something good to come from it, be it in the short or long term. Start the year as you mean to go on, with a positive outlook and don't let it all get you down, because otherwise, things aren't likely to get any better if you don't try so give the new year as an excuse to start trying. I am sick of people whining about stuff.

Anywhoo... I am now with my lovely husband, watching again again again Star Trek (the new one) and making laser PEW PEW PEW! noises and shouting about how amazing this movie is. Seriously, I did that at the cinema and Patrick had to tell me a few times just how noisy I was! But the 'sequel' is due out in 2011! Woooo!

I ate pizza yesterday night, even though I know I shouldn't because basically the cheese and the dough fight it out to the death inside of me. I swear it is some kind of tradition that whenever we go up there Patrick and I get extremely gassy/sick. Sharon and Tim swear they only get takeout or eat bad when we go up there though, so I think maybe in future we should be smarter. The one time we did eat good, Tim gave me some of his beer which unbeknownst to me was somekind of wheat beer. Urgh. MAYBE if I did do resolutions, I would say to never eat pizza again. MAYBE. But I am not that smart/dumb.

No comments: